A Pieceful Life

A Pieceful Life

Welcome

I'm so glad that you stopped by, and hope that you enjoy your visit. Here you will find pieces of my life - quilting, cross-stitch, family, travel, friends.
My name is Peg - I am a 60ish wife, mother, daughter, sister, aunt, cousin, friend - and if we're not already related or friends, hope to become your friend too.
We live in the eastern end of the beautiful Fraser Valley, about 1.5 hours east of Vancouver, BC. Empty nesters, we have one son living just a few minutes away, our other son and daughter live in Alberta.
Comments are always welcome, always read - and answered if need be. Feel free to share, I love hearing from all my cyber-space friends.
Please do check out some of the links in my side-bar - you'll find other bloggers and fabulous people to visit.

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Christmas in Calgary

Well, finally sitting down to get caught up on this. DH and I left home on Dec. 20 to tackle the road to Calgary. We went through Kelowna first to stop briefly and deliver a Christmas package to my parents. Roads were great - the worst being over the Coquihalla and connector, but even that wasn't all that bad. The first pic is the highway just no rth of Vernon, then a shot of 3 Valley Gap, then a view of the Rockies as we headed into them. Weather was very cold, -20 to -30 all day.







We stopped at a motel in Golden, then arrived at our son's home in Calgary shortly after noon on the 21st. We spent the first few days just relaxing, visiting the kids. Our son's girlfriend and I made chocolates, DH got the turkey in brine and we took it over to our daughter's house. DD and partner were expecting his parents to arrive Christmas Eve, and dinner was planned for that evening as his brother was only out from Banff for the one night, back to work for Christmas Day. Well, the snow in the Fraser Valley delayed the flight, so dinner was without the parents from Chilliwack - they arrived finally on the 25th at 10:30 pm. The next pic is of the Christmas Eve dinner table loaded with food, then one of most of us with our party hats on. The brother from Banff took the pic for us.



It's now New Years' Eve. DD and partner left for the Bahamas yesterday, well actually middle of the night on the 29-30, and DH and I are house/dog/cat sitting for a week. We'll go over to DS house this afternoon, cook our sauerbraten (marinated roast - we have one beef and one venison in the marinade now) and then to his girlfriend's house to ring in the New Year - with maybe a game or two, a movie or two, whatever. I bought a new game, Five Crowns, that looks like it could be fun. We might even tackle Canasta for a while.

In the meantime, I brought some quilting and sewing projects with me, and DD wants some minor alterations on pillow covers and a duvet cover. When I get to the quilting projects, I'll take some pictures so you can all see them. These kids also have a ton of movies, so we can get caught up on all that we've missed over the last few years, and I can work on a cross-stitch project while relaxing. Anyway - will get back to you all in a few days.

Oh, and the weight - well, we've not watched it too closely, but been trying to be reasonable - anyway, it doesn't feel like I've gained any - will try to get to a Weight Watchers on Friday to weigh in.

Also, I've not been keeping you all updated about my weekly resolutions. This week: maintain the weight for at least a few more days; get some quilting projects at least cut out; sew a dress that's been waiting for me to tackle for a few years.

Happy New Year to you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment