A Pieceful Life

A Pieceful Life

Welcome

I'm so glad that you stopped by, and hope that you enjoy your visit. Here you will find pieces of my life - quilting, cross-stitch, family, travel, friends.
My name is Peg - I am a 60ish wife, mother, daughter, sister, aunt, cousin, friend - and if we're not already related or friends, hope to become your friend too.
We live in the eastern end of the beautiful Fraser Valley, about 1.5 hours east of Vancouver, BC. Empty nesters, we have one son living just a few minutes away, our other son and daughter live in Alberta.
Comments are always welcome, always read - and answered if need be. Feel free to share, I love hearing from all my cyber-space friends.
Please do check out some of the links in my side-bar - you'll find other bloggers and fabulous people to visit.

Friday, December 12, 2008

Well, Christmas is really here - we had our first Christmas get-together last night after our community Christmas carolling event. Friends came to share some Christmas cheer, and taste of the first batch of hot mulled wine. That's become a tradition in this house, but for the first time the pot was emptied!! But it gave me a chance to show off the new counter top on the kitchen island. I mentioned that in my last blog, and want to add a picture here so you can all see it.



Isn't it gorgeous!!

I also got a Christmas table-topper started, using a combination of kaleidoscope squares and Disappearing 9-patch. When it's done, and I have a picture, I'll get that posted.
Then my Delectable Mountains quilt came back from the quilter yesterday. It will be finished in the next day or so, and that picture will be forthcoming.
Aside from quilting, we're getting ready for a family Christmas dinner on Sunday - that'll be fun. DH and I are going to Calgary to spend Christmas with our 2 children there, then staying on to sit for our DD's dog and cat while they go to the Bahamas for a week. DS1 has also sent us a note that he is looking at a temporary (up to a year) job at a diamond mine in NWT, and needs a home for his dog. Jemma is a wonderful 11-year-old black lab, so she may be coming home with us in January.
Resolutions for this week: finish the Delectable Mountains quilt, finish the Christmas table-topper quilt, wrap all the Christmas gifts ready to go to Calgary, finish DIL's Christmas stocking - oh, and pick up the new laptop, and get it all set up - and lose another pound or two!!
Should be a busy week.

No comments:

Post a Comment