A Pieceful Life

A Pieceful Life

Welcome

I'm so glad that you stopped by, and hope that you enjoy your visit. Here you will find pieces of my life - quilting, cross-stitch, family, travel, friends.
My name is Peg - I am a 60ish wife, mother, daughter, sister, aunt, cousin, friend - and if we're not already related or friends, hope to become your friend too.
We live in the eastern end of the beautiful Fraser Valley, about 1.5 hours east of Vancouver, BC. Empty nesters, we have one son living just a few minutes away, our other son and daughter live in Alberta.
Comments are always welcome, always read - and answered if need be. Feel free to share, I love hearing from all my cyber-space friends.
Please do check out some of the links in my side-bar - you'll find other bloggers and fabulous people to visit.

Saturday, January 24, 2009

Anniversary flimsy

Happy day to you all - I've just been reading my sister's blog (Yemalla's Moon) and am once again inspired to journal my thoughts and experiences. At the same time, I'm fully aware that I'll never be able to match her ability to put thoughts and feelings into words. She just has that inborn ability to be aware of what she thinks and feels, and to be able to put them in writing - and in a way that is thoroughly enjoyable, at least for me.

Anyway, I'm here to show you the Anniversary Quilt flimsy - finished just this morning.



The next step is to get the fabric for the 'hand' appliques, and decide how to applique them (hand or machine) and when to applique (before or after quilting). Idon't know if I told you or not, but the plan is to applique outlines of hands (or maybe mittens - easire and quicker to sew), and have each family member sign a hand - for my parents' 60th anniversary in August.

Last week's goals have all been met, including a little more weight loss. Just a couple more pounds to go to reach my goal, and become a Lifetime member of WeightWatchers.

Today we're spending time with brother-in-law and sister-in-law as they empty their trailer, parked in an RV spot at our strata complex, in preparation for trading it in for a slightly larger model. Tomorrow, we'll celebrate our youngest son's birthday with him and his wife and in-laws. It appears to be an in-law weekend!!

For now I need to go and relax and let my back and shoulders recup from the hours of sewing this morning, so I can do it all over again on Monday!!

The goals for the coming week: make the next decisions re the Anniversary quilt, get started on quilted covers for the dog's beds, look into a couple of job applications I have out there - and maybe contact my old boss for some part-time work, read John Grisham's latest book, and attend at a meeting for Emergency Social Services to see if we can be of any help.

3 comments:

  1. The quilt is gorgeous! I can't wait to see it... in person? (you know what I mean.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Peg you're amazing. Just reading all your goals is making me tired! You're doing a great job on your blog and your quilts are gorgeous. Good for you .

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Anniversary quilt looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete