A Pieceful Life

A Pieceful Life

Welcome

I'm so glad that you stopped by, and hope that you enjoy your visit. Here you will find pieces of my life - quilting, cross-stitch, family, travel, friends.
My name is Peg - I am a 60ish wife, mother, daughter, sister, aunt, cousin, friend - and if we're not already related or friends, hope to become your friend too.
We live in the eastern end of the beautiful Fraser Valley, about 1.5 hours east of Vancouver, BC. Empty nesters, we have one son living just a few minutes away, our other son and daughter live in Alberta.
Comments are always welcome, always read - and answered if need be. Feel free to share, I love hearing from all my cyber-space friends.
Please do check out some of the links in my side-bar - you'll find other bloggers and fabulous people to visit.

Sunday, February 15, 2009

Found it!

Well, actually it appeared. My sister-in-law will appreciate this. On Friday evening I started sewing, and reached for my tape measure, which was not where I expected it to be. It's the old-fashioned kind that hangs around the neck, and I've had it for 30-odd years. Not too concerned, I pulled out the new retractable one that was a Christmas gift, thinking 'it'll show up'. Well, Saturday morning, still no sight of the missing measurer. By then, I was really beginning to wonder, and started searching drawers and corners, even cleaned out the garbage can!!! Nothing, nada, nowhere to be seen. My sister-in-law arrived, and I was telling her about it. Shortly later, something else appeared (can't remember now what it was - something I hadn't seen in a while, but wasn't really looking for either), and SIL said 'wouldn't it be nice if your tape measure appeared that way'. Actually I had decided that it had fallen in the garbage and been sent off to the netherworld of the garbage dump earlier in the week. This morning, I approached my sewing table, apparently from a different angle than any of the ones I was at yesterday and the day before, and there it was!!! Tucked under the corner (not actually completely out of sight) of the cover on my serger. I must have put it aside to be out of the way, and it got moved slightly while I was working around it. Anyway - the lost is found, the prodigal is back in its home, and I'm happy to have my companion available again when I need to check those measurements out. There's something about the old and familiar that is not always satisfactorily replaced by the new and technologically up-to-date. So for any of you hunting for something, take heart, it may appear!!

No comments:

Post a Comment