A Pieceful Life

A Pieceful Life

Welcome

I'm so glad that you stopped by, and hope that you enjoy your visit. Here you will find pieces of my life - quilting, cross-stitch, family, travel, friends.
My name is Peg - I am a 60ish wife, mother, daughter, sister, aunt, cousin, friend - and if we're not already related or friends, hope to become your friend too.
We live in the eastern end of the beautiful Fraser Valley, about 1.5 hours east of Vancouver, BC. Empty nesters, we have one son living just a few minutes away, our other son and daughter live in Alberta.
Comments are always welcome, always read - and answered if need be. Feel free to share, I love hearing from all my cyber-space friends.
Please do check out some of the links in my side-bar - you'll find other bloggers and fabulous people to visit.

Saturday, February 7, 2009

A New Look

I got into playing with the look of my blog this morning – not because I had intended to change it – but I did anyway, what do you think?  No, the reason I started playing was because I wanted to add a ‘gadget’ to the side bar – one that would allow me to track my quilt starts and finishes for the year.  Now, I guess I could just simply write these things down in a notebook somewhere, but my efforts at doing that have failed abysmally over the years, so there seemed no point in trying that again.  I have managed to take pictures of projects over the last year, so I have a photo journal, but somehow I thought I needed to have a written journal as well.  So, the playing started.
Past efforts to add ‘gadgets’ to my blog page have not gone well, getting repeated error messages about needing to change the language of the code, or some such thing that really makes no sense to me at all.  I really am wondering if this has something to do with Vista!!  Anyway, after several stabs at trying to add some kind of textable box, and failing, I resorted to using Blog Help.  Well, most of the answers were pure Greek, but one person (thanks Rose – whoever you are) answered in a way that made sense, and was easy enough to follow.  Until I tried to add some actual text into the box that now sits empty on the sidebar of my blog.  Sure I can type in there, but nothing stays in there.  So while I waited for an answer, I did some more exploring and discovered a bunch of nifty stuff in the Blog Layout screens – and – tada – here’s the new look.  There’s a couple more things I may try to do, like add a photo or two somewhere in the header or sidebar, but beyond that, I’m pretty happy with what it looks like right now.  Hope you all like it, too.
Except, of course, for the text boxes that still aren’t working for me.  So, if any of you have any (easy) ways to accomplish this, I’d appreciate the input.  I guess I should go back to Blog Help and see if my latest appeal has netted any responses. 
Have a great weekend, everybody.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, Peg. You need to edit the year in Starts. It currently reads 20009.

    ReplyDelete