A Pieceful Life

A Pieceful Life

Welcome

I'm so glad that you stopped by, and hope that you enjoy your visit. Here you will find pieces of my life - quilting, cross-stitch, family, travel, friends.
My name is Peg - I am a 60ish wife, mother, daughter, sister, aunt, cousin, friend - and if we're not already related or friends, hope to become your friend too.
We live in the eastern end of the beautiful Fraser Valley, about 1.5 hours east of Vancouver, BC. Empty nesters, we have one son living just a few minutes away, our other son and daughter live in Alberta.
Comments are always welcome, always read - and answered if need be. Feel free to share, I love hearing from all my cyber-space friends.
Please do check out some of the links in my side-bar - you'll find other bloggers and fabulous people to visit.

Friday, March 6, 2009

A Different Week

Well, no quilting got done. When I finished work last fall I wondered what I was going to do with myself, and was amazed at how quickly I adjusted to doing what I want when I want for how long I want, with very little to interfere with my selfishness. I had some moments, increasing briefer and less frequent, when I was restless and bored, but overall the last few months have flown by. I've generally been able to satisfy my need to accomplish something concrete every day.

But then reality hit this week with return to work. I knew I would return in the spring, and Laurel's vacation this month was the perfect time - three evening shifts a week, no problem, I'd still have most of the day to do whatever I wanted. Right? Not!! By the time I got through a little housework, exercises, walking dogs, keeping up with email, the morning was gone and I had no inclination to start a project that would be interrupted with work. And yesterday, well - exercising in the early morning, clean house with DH, walk dogs, go to Weight Watchers (down a little bit more PTL), meet with a co-council member to work on the strata budget, ESS meeting in the evening - there was hardly time to take a deep breath, let alone sit down to a hobby, any hobby, just something just for fun.

So now it's Friday - and we need to go out to do some car shopping - after the cabinet maker comes with the new doors to our entertainment-center-turned-liquor-cabinet, and the alarm folks come to update the system, and the dogs get walked, and ... So it looks like there won't be any quilting again today. I will stop at the quilter to see if she'll take the Anniversary quilt soon, and check on the progress of the t-shirt quilt.

On top of that, Jemma (our son's lab) has been sick this week. She started with a routine of waking up at 4:30 a.m. to throw up - visits to the vet, lab work, x-rays have not resulted in a definitive diagnosis. She mostly looks good, and happy, and eats well - but we have her on Zantac, Peptobismol, a GI diet and four small feedings a day. We can only hope she resolves this on her own and soon!!! This morning she decided to change up the routine a bit and woke us at 1:30 and 3:30.

It's amazing but last week's goals were mostly met - got the strata budget worked out, and lost a little weight, and as I said before, hope to get the Anniversary quilt taken care of today, so it's not really been a bad week. But there was no quilting time, so Homespun Harmony is on hold for another day or two.

So forward to another week - goals are minimal as I'm not sure there's any point in making them right now - but here we go: weight loss (at least that doesn't take too much extra time), get Jemma well again, I think I'll leave it at that for now - if I accomplish more it'll be a wonder.

1 comment:

  1. At least you had a weight loss, even if you didnt finish any sewing! Days go by too fast for me, and I feel like the stitching is sitting there murmuring 'Dont forget meeeee'!

    ReplyDelete