A Pieceful Life

A Pieceful Life

Welcome

I'm so glad that you stopped by, and hope that you enjoy your visit. Here you will find pieces of my life - quilting, cross-stitch, family, travel, friends.
My name is Peg - I am a 60ish wife, mother, daughter, sister, aunt, cousin, friend - and if we're not already related or friends, hope to become your friend too.
We live in the eastern end of the beautiful Fraser Valley, about 1.5 hours east of Vancouver, BC. Empty nesters, we have one son living just a few minutes away, our other son and daughter live in Alberta.
Comments are always welcome, always read - and answered if need be. Feel free to share, I love hearing from all my cyber-space friends.
Please do check out some of the links in my side-bar - you'll find other bloggers and fabulous people to visit.

Sunday, April 12, 2009

HE IS RISEN

HE IS RISEN INDEED!
It is Easter Sunday morning, and my heart is singing:
Christ the Lord is risen today – Ha-a-a-a-a-le-e-lu-u-jah
Sons of men and angels say – Ha-a-a-a-a-le-e-lu-u-jah
Raise your voice in triumph high – Ha-a-a-a-a-le-e-lu-u-jah
Sing ye heavens and earth reply – Ha-a-a-a-a-le-e-lu-u-jah

We’re out camping, so will be missing the sun-rise service at home, but as I took the dog for her early morning outing, I took a few moments to contemplate the meaning of the day – to the world at large, and to me personally. It’s raining and dull out there, certainly not a day when one wants to be outside, but the birds are singing, a sure sign that the rain won’t last long. It felt like the birds were reflecting the joyousness and wonder of this most special day of the year, no matter the outward appearance.
As I walked, I imagined the three women going to the tomb on that early Sunday morning all those years ago. If it wasn’t gloomy out of doors, it was certainly gloomy in their hearts. They had no idea, despite prophecy, despite Christ’s teachings, that he wouldn’t be there, his body waiting their final ministrations. Instead they found an empty tomb, the first proof that Christ indeed was alive, had triumphed over death and Satan, had given Himself as the ultimate sacrifice for our benefit, that we (I) could have everlasting life. How wonderful is that!!! I can only rejoice, and we’re told that shortly after the empty tomb was discovered, Christ’s disciples and followers began to rejoice as they learned just what He’d done for them, how He’d given His life, that He’d risen to dwell in Heaven waiting for believers to join Him there in eternal rejoicing.
So on this blessed morning, I wish you all God’s blessing, and pray that you too know the joy and peace of Christ as Savior.
In His Name
Peg

1 comment:

  1. What an amazing shock it must have been for those three women, it is almost impossible to imagine the thoughts that must have been in their minds.

    ReplyDelete