A Pieceful Life

A Pieceful Life

Welcome

I'm so glad that you stopped by, and hope that you enjoy your visit. Here you will find pieces of my life - quilting, cross-stitch, family, travel, friends.
My name is Peg - I am a 60ish wife, mother, daughter, sister, aunt, cousin, friend - and if we're not already related or friends, hope to become your friend too.
We live in the eastern end of the beautiful Fraser Valley, about 1.5 hours east of Vancouver, BC. Empty nesters, we have one son living just a few minutes away, our other son and daughter live in Alberta.
Comments are always welcome, always read - and answered if need be. Feel free to share, I love hearing from all my cyber-space friends.
Please do check out some of the links in my side-bar - you'll find other bloggers and fabulous people to visit.

Friday, April 10, 2009

Reaching Goals

Do you ever wonder why a person sets goals - ever? I often wonder why I bother, especially when somehow the goals never get accomplished. I set out blogging with the plan to share weekly, and include goals and accomplishments with each post. At times I've looked back at the previous post to discover that I'd not accomplished any of the goals for the week. The hardest goal some weeks was continued weight loss.

Well, yesterday I went to WeightWatchers for the weekly meeting, paid the big bucks, stepped up to the scales with bated breath - and got the good news that I'd reached the goal. The goal had changed slightly, because it was learned that I'm a little taller than I thought I was, but that was okay with me. I'd made it!! On to 'maintenance'!! Moving forward!!

At last - there were times in the last few weeks that I though I'd never make it. As my weight bounced slightly, generally more down than up but still not steady down, I swung between utter discouragement and absolute elation. Last week, with a slight gain, I felt like I'd been at this forever, and there was no point in continuing, no point to all the effort, might as well enjoy that brownie. Popcorn fills the hole, but doesn't come with the ecstacy of a good piece of chocoloate!! Suddenly, in just a few minutes, I saw the point in 'keeping on keeping on'. My self esteem took a huge boost and I felt encouraged and relieved and successful all at once. It's amazing how a goal reached can change one's attitude.

So - goal reached - and if you all don't mind, I'll keep on sharing goals and accomplishments - if nothing else it keeps me on track.

2 comments:

  1. Way to go, Sis! Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! I am personally in awe of anyone that can be consistent enough to manage their weight goals...something that I have yet to master. Way to go....

    ReplyDelete