A Pieceful Life

A Pieceful Life

Welcome

I'm so glad that you stopped by, and hope that you enjoy your visit. Here you will find pieces of my life - quilting, cross-stitch, family, travel, friends.
My name is Peg - I am a 60ish wife, mother, daughter, sister, aunt, cousin, friend - and if we're not already related or friends, hope to become your friend too.
We live in the eastern end of the beautiful Fraser Valley, about 1.5 hours east of Vancouver, BC. Empty nesters, we have one son living just a few minutes away, our other son and daughter live in Alberta.
Comments are always welcome, always read - and answered if need be. Feel free to share, I love hearing from all my cyber-space friends.
Please do check out some of the links in my side-bar - you'll find other bloggers and fabulous people to visit.

Monday, August 10, 2009

Normal

Well, this has been what a normal week used to look like pre-retirement.  I worked every day, day-time hours, at my old job, did my errands after work, came home to do supper then try to catch up to life and do some handwork/gardening/cleaning.  DH came home Wednesday evening – Thursday evening was spent getting the trailer packed up for the weekend.

Thankfully the weekend was a relaxing one.  Friday after work I met DH at the campground, and we were joined by his brother, sister-in-law and sister for our annual get-together.  Not that we don’t get together other times, but this is our camping weekend – a sort of mini family reunion.  His family is not large, parents both gone, so for now this is the best we can do.  Brother-in-law even had to work so couldn’t join us.  The nephews were busy elsewhere, and our DS1 and DD live too far away to make it out just for the weekend.  Our DS2 and his wife were able to join us for Saturday evening dinner and a walk.  The rest of the weekend was just visiting and sitting around the ‘non-campfire’.

I borrowed that term from a friend – with the heat and dry weather, campfires have been banned in this province, to the tune of a $345 fine if you get caught with one.  We weren’t even allowed to fire up the propane fires.  Oh, well, marshmallows are fattening anyway.

It was such a lazy weekend that I didn’t even take any pictures to share with you.  And we didn’t try any geocaching either.

In less than 3 weeks will be my family reunion, planned to celebrate my parents’ 60th wedding anniversary.  And planning has been stepped up a notch to get all the last-minute details in place.  There will be about 35 of us at a resort near Kelowna.  The quilt is nearly finished, a memory album is planned, orders for the dinner on the lake cruise are being placed, letters from the Governor-General and Prime Minister have been received – all is falling into place.  There is a little angst right now as one of the fires is near the resort and it is temporarily closed, but we’re hopeful the rain that’s expected will take care of that problem. 

Actually rain anywhere in this province will be welcome – forest fires are raging everywhere, and so very many people are affected.

So onto another week.  DH will leave today to go back to help with more of the roofing and siding happening at my parents’ home.  I’ll try to get the anniversary quilt finished, and a few sample dog bed covers to take to my niece for her to possibly sell in her shop.  There’s a baby gift to make, and a quilting get-together with friends.  Oh, and some shopping to do with DIL – need some shoes to go with some clothes I have for the wedding trip in November.  I guess even a non-working week like this one will be full.

Blessings,        Peg

2 comments:

  1. Good to hear from you. As you read my daughter had emergency surgery 2 weeks ago for perforated duodenal diverticulum that had abscessed. Her MIL helped for one week in the hospital, now that she is home with feeding tube and j-tube still in, I will be staying a week with her. God is good in his way. Her husband, sadly had lost his job, but it came in handy at the time. He is on his way to a new, even better job so may need to go anytime. I have allowed blogging to take over my art and crafts, got to get back in line. Maybe follow your lead and blog once a week. Blessings
    QMM

    ReplyDelete
  2. 60 years, that is quite a celebration! I'm sure you have lots of planning to do.

    ReplyDelete