A Pieceful Life

A Pieceful Life

Welcome

I'm so glad that you stopped by, and hope that you enjoy your visit. Here you will find pieces of my life - quilting, cross-stitch, family, travel, friends.
My name is Peg - I am a 60ish wife, mother, daughter, sister, aunt, cousin, friend - and if we're not already related or friends, hope to become your friend too.
We live in the eastern end of the beautiful Fraser Valley, about 1.5 hours east of Vancouver, BC. Empty nesters, we have one son living just a few minutes away, our other son and daughter live in Alberta.
Comments are always welcome, always read - and answered if need be. Feel free to share, I love hearing from all my cyber-space friends.
Please do check out some of the links in my side-bar - you'll find other bloggers and fabulous people to visit.

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

TA DA

I feel like celebrating, like bells should ring, horns should toot – the anniversary quilt is finished.  This, too, was nearly a year in the making (fabric purchased in September 2008), but not because I was actually working on it all that time, but because it took time to get all the bits and pieces together to finish it up so it now looks like this:

And here’s a close up of the center:

I am so excited to be able to give this, along with my brothers and sisters, to my parents in just a little over a week.  The family reunion weekend is getting close, and we all seem to be looking forward to a great time together.  It’s been several years since we had so many of us coming together in one spot – we’ll only be lacking one sister and brother-in-law (work commitments), and one great-grandson-in-law (in 2 wedding parties the same weekend, one in Calgary, one in Vancouver).
So, on to the next project.  But I’m going to be taking it easy for today, having been up a good chunk of the night with my head in the toilet bowl.  Don’t know what that was all about, but the pain eased at about 6 am, and then I got back to sleep for a while.  So a much later start to my day than I normally experience.  I had thought of going out to do some weeding in the yard, but it’s already hot, so that’s going to just have to wait for another day (or maybe later this evening when it cools down a bit again).  In the meantime, I think I’ll get the sewing machine out.

Have a wonderful Wednesday all.             Peg

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations to your family on your parents anniversary. It is amazing to have someone married 50 years, much less 60. The quilt is beautiful. The one I am working on now, maybe I will use that to honor our 50th in April 2010.
    QMM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor you, it may well be the heat affecting you.
    Your quilt is just so lovely.

    ReplyDelete