A Pieceful Life

A Pieceful Life

Welcome

I'm so glad that you stopped by, and hope that you enjoy your visit. Here you will find pieces of my life - quilting, cross-stitch, family, travel, friends.
My name is Peg - I am a 60ish wife, mother, daughter, sister, aunt, cousin, friend - and if we're not already related or friends, hope to become your friend too.
We live in the eastern end of the beautiful Fraser Valley, about 1.5 hours east of Vancouver, BC. Empty nesters, we have one son living just a few minutes away, our other son and daughter live in Alberta.
Comments are always welcome, always read - and answered if need be. Feel free to share, I love hearing from all my cyber-space friends.
Please do check out some of the links in my side-bar - you'll find other bloggers and fabulous people to visit.

Saturday, September 26, 2009

Food for Thought

I've just finished one of the most thought-provoking books that I've read in a long, long time. 'The Shack' by William P. Young is a novel about a man's adventure as he spends a weekend in conversations with God learning about the relationship that God wants to have with him. He meets the 'Father' in a rather unique personality certainly different from any picture I've ever had of God - and in fact different than what he expected actually, the Son as a most pragmatic human being, and the Holy Spirit in a tangible yet intangible form. These 3/1 led him to look at his relationships on earth as well as his relationship with God and how to live out his relationships with people through his relationship with God and viceversa. This is putting things very simply. I can't even begin to describe the ideas and thoughts and teachings that poured out of this book. I think I may have to read it again real soon to be able to fully appreciate everything (or at least a little more) demonstrated in this very unique novel.

When I first heard about this book, I thought it sounded just too weird, but when I saw it in a used book display something drew me to it - and I am more than glad that I picked it up. Much of what I have understood about God and the teachings of the Bible has been exposed and expanded through this book. I challenge all of you to read it if you haven't already - you will surely be blessed.

2 comments:

  1. Oh Peg, I did read that book. I am like you. I had it for a while and was afraid I could not deal with what I had been told, but it was so enlightening and caused me to do a lot of soul searching. I did love the personifications they used for the Trinity. It causes me to have a smile on my face when I remember my thoughts on first reading the author describing the three. I had recommended it to my daughters, but their own daughters are too young and they have not been able to take it on.
    QMM

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many of my friends have read this, and have differing points of view about it. Nest time I'm in UK I'll have alook for a copy.

    ReplyDelete