A Pieceful Life

A Pieceful Life

Welcome

I'm so glad that you stopped by, and hope that you enjoy your visit. Here you will find pieces of my life - quilting, cross-stitch, family, travel, friends.
My name is Peg - I am a 60ish wife, mother, daughter, sister, aunt, cousin, friend - and if we're not already related or friends, hope to become your friend too.
We live in the eastern end of the beautiful Fraser Valley, about 1.5 hours east of Vancouver, BC. Empty nesters, we have one son living just a few minutes away, our other son and daughter live in Alberta.
Comments are always welcome, always read - and answered if need be. Feel free to share, I love hearing from all my cyber-space friends.
Please do check out some of the links in my side-bar - you'll find other bloggers and fabulous people to visit.

Monday, October 5, 2009

Reno adventure

No we didn’t go to Reno – we were RENO-vating.  The renovations at my parents’ home continue.  The roof (see my blog August 4) was completed early August, then there was a hiatus due to some controversy with park management.  But things were settled and they were able to proceed again in September.

A week of work and the roofs were done.

Then it was time to start on the siding.  As I said, there was a hiatus in between, and most of the siding work my father was able to do on his own.  One of my brothers came in early September to help replace the sliding patio door, and then our job this past week was to help move the canopy away from the trailer, and get the siding on that side of the house, and put the canopy back.  Several neighbors came along to help with the canopy.

And it needed to be well braced and supported to ensure it didn’t fall over, or get blown away if the wind came up:

After strapping, insulating, sheeting, tar-papering – finally the siding went on.
Then everybody came back to put the canopy back in place.  And it looks like a new trailer:

How wonderful it all looks – final steps of putting siding on the right side and back should be finished this week, and then my dad can take a break before he gets started on the inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment