A Pieceful Life

A Pieceful Life

Welcome

I'm so glad that you stopped by, and hope that you enjoy your visit. Here you will find pieces of my life - quilting, cross-stitch, family, travel, friends.
My name is Peg - I am a 60ish wife, mother, daughter, sister, aunt, cousin, friend - and if we're not already related or friends, hope to become your friend too.
We live in the eastern end of the beautiful Fraser Valley, about 1.5 hours east of Vancouver, BC. Empty nesters, we have one son living just a few minutes away, our other son and daughter live in Alberta.
Comments are always welcome, always read - and answered if need be. Feel free to share, I love hearing from all my cyber-space friends.
Please do check out some of the links in my side-bar - you'll find other bloggers and fabulous people to visit.

Saturday, November 21, 2009

Christmas is coming

Got an email today saying there are only 33 more days to Christmas – good thing we’ve done a lot of our shopping, as our holiday comes first, and we get home only 14 days before the big day.  Maybe I should do up some baking!?!
It’s been another quiet week.  All projects complete, all insurance medicals complete, all preparation for the wedding complete.  So not a lot to do.
So what else but start another project.  I had some Christmas stocking panels tucked away, and decided to get them all done up – there are four all together, 2 of each design – and they’ll go to the local library (1) for their Christmas basket give-away, and the rest to the local food bank.  At Christmas donations of toys and clothing and various other goodies are displayed for those collecting their hampers and they get to go ‘shopping’ – ensures that the needy have presents under their trees.
Today, I’ll write my annual Christmas letter, and get one into a card to send to the family in Germany.  The rest will go out after we get home from our holiday – only 5 more sleeps until we leave, 9 until the wedding day.
To all of you in the US – Happy Thanksgiving Week coming up
Peg

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like things are well organized. Anybody named Peg knows how to get things done. Your family is looking for a stocked full of fun and activity next few weeks. Blessings
    QMM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Peg, my header is just a picture of our house from a few years ago. Just go to customize and click on header and it will allow you to put any picture you want in. Now that is just a basic template. I don't know how to put the fancy things on. Thanks for your visit.
    QMM

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, by now you must be reliving the most wonderful moments of the wedding...so fun! I have thoroughly enjoyed watching you work your way through projects. As well, your generosity is to be commended... your community is fortunate.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know you are busy and having fun too. Enjoy. You have earned a good time. Blessings to your family and the new, new family.
    QMM

    ReplyDelete