A Pieceful Life

A Pieceful Life

Welcome

I'm so glad that you stopped by, and hope that you enjoy your visit. Here you will find pieces of my life - quilting, cross-stitch, family, travel, friends.
My name is Peg - I am a 60ish wife, mother, daughter, sister, aunt, cousin, friend - and if we're not already related or friends, hope to become your friend too.
We live in the eastern end of the beautiful Fraser Valley, about 1.5 hours east of Vancouver, BC. Empty nesters, we have one son living just a few minutes away, our other son and daughter live in Alberta.
Comments are always welcome, always read - and answered if need be. Feel free to share, I love hearing from all my cyber-space friends.
Please do check out some of the links in my side-bar - you'll find other bloggers and fabulous people to visit.

Sunday, November 8, 2009

Success

It truly has been a successful week.  The countdown to wedding day has started – 22 more sleeps, and 4 sleeps before that we board the plane.  In the meantime DD and soon-to-be DSIL are busy planning the ceremony details, getting the dress hemmed and bustled, shopping for favors and wedding party gifts; soon-to-be MIL has had a gorgeous necklace made out of old pearls from both sides of the family, helped me with getting some notions for my embroidery project, finding a large seashell for the flowergirl’s petals; there are surprises happening; and we went shopping yesterday.
The long trek into Richmond at last paid off with the purchase of parasols and fans.

Parasols are to line the ‘aisle’ and also to be available for shade in the hot sun in the Dominican.  Fans are to be tied onto the back of chairs.  This has been a long, long search and these purchases aren’t exactly what was wanted, but the best that we could do.

In the meantime, I got DH’s clothes washed and ironed, ready to pack.  And I got started on the towels – the first one is embroidered – and I’m told is great!   Whew – sweat a few bullets over that one.  I’ll do one a day for the next 7 days to have them done in time.  Then I can take the embroidery arm off the machine and get on with altering one more dress and hemming another for me.

We checked out things like travel insurance and flight plans – discovered our name was spelled wrong on the ticket, so sat on the phone for an hour waiting to talk to somebody, to have it fixed in 5 seconds flat.   That was another tense moment, wondering if anybody checked our ID against our ticket would we get stopped going or coming – but successfully fixed.

All in all feeling quite satisfied on this Sunday morning, praising the Lord for His provisions in everything.  Wishing you all God’s blessings on every endeavor in your lives.          Peg

No comments:

Post a Comment