A Pieceful Life

A Pieceful Life

Welcome

I'm so glad that you stopped by, and hope that you enjoy your visit. Here you will find pieces of my life - quilting, cross-stitch, family, travel, friends.
My name is Peg - I am a 60ish wife, mother, daughter, sister, aunt, cousin, friend - and if we're not already related or friends, hope to become your friend too.
We live in the eastern end of the beautiful Fraser Valley, about 1.5 hours east of Vancouver, BC. Empty nesters, we have one son living just a few minutes away, our other son and daughter live in Alberta.
Comments are always welcome, always read - and answered if need be. Feel free to share, I love hearing from all my cyber-space friends.
Please do check out some of the links in my side-bar - you'll find other bloggers and fabulous people to visit.

Saturday, January 30, 2010

A new me?

Will this be the new me?  I stepped out on a new adventure last night, taking beginner ballet classes.  It’s long been my dream to learn ballet, and the opportunity came up at our community fitness center – so last night I donned a leotard, and a nice
baggy t-shirt to hide the lumps and bumps and headed out to try this.  Well, in truth I felt more like this:
I just barely made it down the stairs after an hour of plies, tendues and barre work.  Wow, what a work-out!!  Five more weeks – if I survive, I’ll take on another six.  By then maybe I’ll feel like a ballerina, even if I don’t look like one.
Life seems to hold a lot of new twists and turns – the latest twist is that I’m going to take on a full-time work project.  The director at the local hospital has asked me to implement a new program for patient safety – will take about 2-3 months.  This is just the kind of work that I love to do, and I’m really looking forward to this.  I can set my own hours, and possibly work closer to home, or maybe even at home.  We’ll see how things develop.  In the mean-time I have a few more days doing some sick relief, then the project will start about February 8.  The best part – it’s just short-term, so I know when I’m feeling tired that there’s an end in sight.
Today, we’re off to help DS2 and DIL move.  Then this evening we meet with friends-in-law to start planning for a reception for DD and SIL.  Good times, busy times, happy times.  But very little time for quilting – oh,well, will get to it all eventually.
Happy weekend everyone.            Peg

4 comments:

  1. Yes, I would be more like the second photo too! Your new project sounds very interesting , and so fulfilling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I am proud of you Peg. Ballet lessons and a new job. I love those short term projects too and they allow such creativity and autonomy. The hospital expansion looked exciting and probably badly needed. Love hearing about you and from you and family. Snow here and usual winter happenings.
    QMM

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this is just awesome! Way to go, Peg! It will get easier! By the end of the second six weeks you'll be so glad you did it. (Still waiting for the tutu shot!) Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the ballet...I wish you a ton of fun...and some success with this goal as well.

    ReplyDelete