A Pieceful Life

A Pieceful Life

Welcome

I'm so glad that you stopped by, and hope that you enjoy your visit. Here you will find pieces of my life - quilting, cross-stitch, family, travel, friends.
My name is Peg - I am a 60ish wife, mother, daughter, sister, aunt, cousin, friend - and if we're not already related or friends, hope to become your friend too.
We live in the eastern end of the beautiful Fraser Valley, about 1.5 hours east of Vancouver, BC. Empty nesters, we have one son living just a few minutes away, our other son and daughter live in Alberta.
Comments are always welcome, always read - and answered if need be. Feel free to share, I love hearing from all my cyber-space friends.
Please do check out some of the links in my side-bar - you'll find other bloggers and fabulous people to visit.

Sunday, March 28, 2010

Exercise

My apologies for the dark pictures - just not as much light in the building as would have been better for pics, and just a little flash on this camera.

There’s more than one way to exercise.   An exercise routine works to keep one fit and (IMO) better able to face the day.  So I try to take time for regular exercise.
Emergency Social Services needs to exercise too – to keep us prepared and better able to face the emergencies when they come along.  To that end, our team joined with another team to do an exercise in setting up a Reception Center.
We met at 9:30, got our debriefing and instructions, set out to plan the space to use it effectively, put on our vests to delineate who belonged to which team,023 016
set up the tables and chairs 011012
a first aid station
022
and signage
013020
After a review with the director, and making some changes, we had lunch – then practiced registering each other.
All in all a great day, good practice, lots learned, better prepared if and when….
On our way over to the exercise, we passed a field with these clumps of daffodils – a nice pick-me-up when we were expecting rain
007
It’s Palm Sunday, may your day be bright with the remembrance of the glorious arrival of Jesus.

Peg

3 comments:

  1. Happy Palm Sunday to you dear one. I so love the memory of setting up emergency shelters in the bygone days. Years ago when I was an x-ray tech we had some of those days or sometimes nights when every medical hand in town had to go to their posts. Then when I became a nurse I helped on the shelter set ups too. I so enjoy going down memory lane with you while you are in the thick of it. Blessings.
    QMM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Got your blog from QMM and love your tables topper in your header, beautiful. I enjoy reading you blog and will put you on my bogger list. Have a great EASTER!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is lovely to see those daffodils just growing there like that. A real sign of Easter. They are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete