A Pieceful Life

A Pieceful Life

Welcome

I'm so glad that you stopped by, and hope that you enjoy your visit. Here you will find pieces of my life - quilting, cross-stitch, family, travel, friends.
My name is Peg - I am a 60ish wife, mother, daughter, sister, aunt, cousin, friend - and if we're not already related or friends, hope to become your friend too.
We live in the eastern end of the beautiful Fraser Valley, about 1.5 hours east of Vancouver, BC. Empty nesters, we have one son living just a few minutes away, our other son and daughter live in Alberta.
Comments are always welcome, always read - and answered if need be. Feel free to share, I love hearing from all my cyber-space friends.
Please do check out some of the links in my side-bar - you'll find other bloggers and fabulous people to visit.

Thursday, May 20, 2010

The Roses are Coming

The Roses are Coming

Only one of several rose bushes has survived well and healthy over the last few years.  Obviously this soil and the exposure here aren’t really conducive to roses.  Yesterday, we had a brief reprieve from the promised rain, and I took the time to get out in the yard to do some tidying.  These rose buds are open just enough to get a glimpse of the glorious color to come.  I can hardly wait!

The heavens opened up and everything has been cleaned and refreshed with the rain overnight.  We didn’t get quite the winds and resultant destruction that some not too far down the road from us apparently experienced, for which we are thankful.

It’s a little cloudy this morning – a good day to get all of the errands done as planned – and then this afternoon friends from Kelowna are dropping by – and maybe a soccer game (DS2 coaching) this evening if the weather is decent.  A full day.

Oh, and I finished the quilt for DS1 (did the binding while we cozied up to a movie when the winds started yesterday afternoon):

56.Joel's quilt

The next quilt is in progress!   

Have a good day everyone.                     Peg

6 comments:

  1. I haven't had a whole lot of luck with roses over here either...but I keep trying!

    Beautiful quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely quilt!
    I wrote about our first rose today too. It is magical when they first appear.
    Thank you for your kind comments on my last post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My only roses are Knockout Roses. Those are the only ones I have ever had good luck with. It is into the 4th day of rain here. Boy the grass is sure green and can't get mowed for the rain. Nice quilt there. You are a whiz.
    QMM

    ReplyDelete
  4. Peg I forgot to thank you for your gift of the awards the other day. I almost forgot. Thank goodness I keep a list of things I need to catch up on. blessings
    QMM

    ReplyDelete
  5. Roses are so pretty... My roses have been in bloom for while now... you know the saying, take time to smell the roses. Yoour quilt is a pretty quilt. HAPPT SEWING!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish I could grow roses.... sigh.

    ReplyDelete