A Pieceful Life

A Pieceful Life

Welcome

I'm so glad that you stopped by, and hope that you enjoy your visit. Here you will find pieces of my life - quilting, cross-stitch, family, travel, friends.
My name is Peg - I am a 60ish wife, mother, daughter, sister, aunt, cousin, friend - and if we're not already related or friends, hope to become your friend too.
We live in the eastern end of the beautiful Fraser Valley, about 1.5 hours east of Vancouver, BC. Empty nesters, we have one son living just a few minutes away, our other son and daughter live in Alberta.
Comments are always welcome, always read - and answered if need be. Feel free to share, I love hearing from all my cyber-space friends.
Please do check out some of the links in my side-bar - you'll find other bloggers and fabulous people to visit.

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Bottle blankets

Trailer vacations – one of the best ways to go in our minds.  And sitting around the campfire, a glass of wine or a cocktail just finishes the day off right.  But traveling with those glass bottles – now that’s nerve wracking.  We’ve tried many different ways to protect that glass, and just about everything we’ve ever tried is bulky and inconvenient and time-consuming getting them wrapped up safely.

With our vacation next week coming up, I’d spent some time trying to figure out what I could do to make this work.  I think I’ve got the solution – bottle jackets.

We stopped at the local fabric store and bought a length of stretchy ribbing, which I cut into about 12” lengths, used a twin stretch needle and sewed double lines to divide each length into three narrow strips, then cut between the lines of stitching.  Folded in half, these lovely stretchy blankets will cozy around our wine bottles, just nicely so they won’t be clinking together as we travel down the road:

005 006

Happy camping, everyone

 

Peg

No comments:

Post a Comment