A Pieceful Life

A Pieceful Life

Welcome

I'm so glad that you stopped by, and hope that you enjoy your visit. Here you will find pieces of my life - quilting, cross-stitch, family, travel, friends.
My name is Peg - I am a 60ish wife, mother, daughter, sister, aunt, cousin, friend - and if we're not already related or friends, hope to become your friend too.
We live in the eastern end of the beautiful Fraser Valley, about 1.5 hours east of Vancouver, BC. Empty nesters, we have one son living just a few minutes away, our other son and daughter live in Alberta.
Comments are always welcome, always read - and answered if need be. Feel free to share, I love hearing from all my cyber-space friends.
Please do check out some of the links in my side-bar - you'll find other bloggers and fabulous people to visit.

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Cannon Beach

While in the Astoria area, we spent time in the quaint little town of Cannon Beach, so named because of a US Navy cannon that washed ashore in 1846.

The theatre caught my eye, with its Tragedy and Comedy masks on the gable:

13.Cannon Beach Theatre

The library was easy to spot:

14.Library

When we chatted with an artist in this little gallery (beautiful work by the way), we learned that this house had originally sat on the northeast corner of a homestead, and for one period of time in it history had been a regular stop-off for loggers, who found the two ladies who lived here very friendly:

19.House of ill repute

It was the diamond-shaped window in the gable that caught my eye, but our historian didn’t know the significance of it.

Haystack Rock is the claim to fame for this area:

29 25.Haystack

On our way back to the campground, we stopped at Ecola State Park (as recommended by my sister), taking a very windy, steep road to get there.  But the views were glorious:

45 35.Ecola Park 41

More to come!!!!             Peg

3 comments:

  1. Hey Peg..watched the Goonies the other day...looks like part of the movie was filmed at Ecola state park(3rd from last)....am I right or dreaming in technicolour?.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great shot of the lighthouse - and the rock. Love this area.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've just joined you on the Oregon Coast...and think I would like to return there one day soon. So much to see...and I've only been there once! Great pic's.

    ReplyDelete