A Pieceful Life

A Pieceful Life

Welcome

I'm so glad that you stopped by, and hope that you enjoy your visit. Here you will find pieces of my life - quilting, cross-stitch, family, travel, friends.
My name is Peg - I am a 60ish wife, mother, daughter, sister, aunt, cousin, friend - and if we're not already related or friends, hope to become your friend too.
We live in the eastern end of the beautiful Fraser Valley, about 1.5 hours east of Vancouver, BC. Empty nesters, we have one son living just a few minutes away, our other son and daughter live in Alberta.
Comments are always welcome, always read - and answered if need be. Feel free to share, I love hearing from all my cyber-space friends.
Please do check out some of the links in my side-bar - you'll find other bloggers and fabulous people to visit.

Sunday, June 6, 2010

Magpie Tales

I got to read Magpie Tales early this week.  Seventeen weeks ago (I know because the posts are numbered) Willow started a new blog, Magpie Tales
Here she weekly posts a photo prompt, to encourage creative writing. 
At first, I just simply sat back and enjoyed everybody else’s creativity.  Then the prompt was this:

And a story came to mind, so I jumped in and started writing, creating a separate blog just for this experiment.  I’ve discovered I like creative writing, and have been encouraged by the other responders.
If you’re interested, you’ll find my stories here.
Living the Dream

But – back to my original statement.  The prompts are posted on Thursdays, and responses are to be posted by the following Tuesday.  Every week, I mull over the prompt, and avoid reading the other entries so I’m not influenced in how I interpret the photo.  Really, I just don’t want to be a copy-cat LOL.  Most weeks, I’m posting just under the wire.  But this week, one look at the photo and an idea came to mind and I started writing – and lo and behold, a story was born, and I was first to post.  So I’ve read through all the other posts, and am once again amazed at the imagination of so many wonderful writers.
So if you’re in the mood for some short stories or poems, take a look at Magpie Tales – maybe you’ll be inspired to join the ranks.
Happy reading – happy Sunday       Peg

No comments:

Post a Comment