A Pieceful Life

A Pieceful Life

Welcome

I'm so glad that you stopped by, and hope that you enjoy your visit. Here you will find pieces of my life - quilting, cross-stitch, family, travel, friends.
My name is Peg - I am a 60ish wife, mother, daughter, sister, aunt, cousin, friend - and if we're not already related or friends, hope to become your friend too.
We live in the eastern end of the beautiful Fraser Valley, about 1.5 hours east of Vancouver, BC. Empty nesters, we have one son living just a few minutes away, our other son and daughter live in Alberta.
Comments are always welcome, always read - and answered if need be. Feel free to share, I love hearing from all my cyber-space friends.
Please do check out some of the links in my side-bar - you'll find other bloggers and fabulous people to visit.

Saturday, July 3, 2010

By the Sea

By the sea, by the beautiful sea

To my way of thinking there is nothing more captivatingly majestic than the seaside.  Here’s just a few pics of the views as we enjoyed our recent visit to the Oregon Coast.

Haystack rock at Cannon Beach:

27

 

A panoramic view from Ecola State Park

57-59.Stitched  (Isn’t it marvellous what cameras can do!!  This is 3 pictures ‘stitched’ together)

 

Kites at Seaside:

11

 

These floats decorated a fence at Seaside, more proof that we were at the ocean:

19.A fisherman's house

 

A surfer at Pacific City:

06 

 

Waves and beach:

44

 

Marina at Newport:

07.Newport bayfront 

 

The bridges across the inlets are marvels of engineering:

29

 

And proof that we were actually there:

20

 

Peg

4 comments:

  1. Great photos and post. I have always loved lighthouses too and love to paint seascapes with a lighthouse. I had never seen an beach but the southern ones until I got to go to Mass. once years. I love the rocky coasts and the flapping of the waves.
    QMM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely lovely photos. We have cousins in Newport but haven't been for a while - maybe this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh we love going to the beach...so peaceful just to listen to the waves...and of course the scenery...great pics!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the photos. There's something very calming about being at the coast. I love it

    Love and hugs Gina xxx

    ReplyDelete