A Pieceful Life

A Pieceful Life

Welcome

I'm so glad that you stopped by, and hope that you enjoy your visit. Here you will find pieces of my life - quilting, cross-stitch, family, travel, friends.
My name is Peg - I am a 60ish wife, mother, daughter, sister, aunt, cousin, friend - and if we're not already related or friends, hope to become your friend too.
We live in the eastern end of the beautiful Fraser Valley, about 1.5 hours east of Vancouver, BC. Empty nesters, we have one son living just a few minutes away, our other son and daughter live in Alberta.
Comments are always welcome, always read - and answered if need be. Feel free to share, I love hearing from all my cyber-space friends.
Please do check out some of the links in my side-bar - you'll find other bloggers and fabulous people to visit.

Saturday, July 24, 2010

FNSI – accomplishments

Last night was the first virtual Sew-in that I’ve ever tried.  It was kind of a neat feeling to know that some hundred-plus quilter/crafters were also working on their projects – later I’ll go to the site and see what everybody else got done, if you want to check them out, just follow the link above!

Here’s what I did:

These three blocks for Homespun Harmony got the leaves appliqued on.

010

Then I sat in front of the TV and worked on this:011 Nearing the end – just a little bit at the bottom missing because I ran out of that color thread, then outline everything, and it’s ready to assemble!

Sharing a hobby (or two) is so much fun – and I learn so much from everybody else out there.

Blessings, Peg

5 comments:

  1. Hey Peg...first of all, thank you for visiting my blog...and second of all...welcome to the virtual world! I, too, enjoy sitting and sewing, knowing that there are many others out there doing the same thing. Those appliques...how wonderful! It's always so much fun to visit everyone and see what got accomplished. Next month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks fun...and I love the items you have been working on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Peg, thanks for stopping by my blog. You got a lot finished on your first Friday Night Sew In. Your quilt blocks look great, Happy days.
    Bev.xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did some neat things. I enjoyed reading about your drive and heard the other day there are going to be Highland Games in Bardstown, Ky. Will you all be coming? Thanks for stopping by.
    QMM

    ReplyDelete
  5. Finally took some time to catch up on some blogs this morning. I saw the Christmas stocking and it reminded me... You never showed me a photo of the one you knit for A last year. Did she like it?

    ReplyDelete