A Pieceful Life

A Pieceful Life

Welcome

I'm so glad that you stopped by, and hope that you enjoy your visit. Here you will find pieces of my life - quilting, cross-stitch, family, travel, friends.
My name is Peg - I am a 60ish wife, mother, daughter, sister, aunt, cousin, friend - and if we're not already related or friends, hope to become your friend too.
We live in the eastern end of the beautiful Fraser Valley, about 1.5 hours east of Vancouver, BC. Empty nesters, we have one son living just a few minutes away, our other son and daughter live in Alberta.
Comments are always welcome, always read - and answered if need be. Feel free to share, I love hearing from all my cyber-space friends.
Please do check out some of the links in my side-bar - you'll find other bloggers and fabulous people to visit.

Sunday, July 11, 2010

It’s a Soccer Life

While World Cup soccer has been playing, our schedules have often revolved around the games, particularly when Germany was playing.  Today is the final, and sadly Germany isn’t in this one – but they did get the bronze medal yesterday!!
In the middle of this our DS2 is coaching a team of Under 13s, who have made it to the Provincial Cup championship tournament.  We watched games 1 and 3 – they won games 1 and 2 – and this third game loss put them into the final for 3rd place, being played today.  We have to decide whether to stay home to watch the Live World Cup final, or go and watch our son coach his team to another win.
Here’s a pic of the team with their coaches (DS2 is the coach with the khaki shorts, second from the right):
02
I’m not sure what I did wrong, but somehow I can’t get a video into here, so if you want to see what happens when I’m video-taping and the kids score a goal, follow this link to another of my blogs:
http://grizztreasures.blogspot.com/2010/07/13-goalmov.html
On our way home yesterday, we saw another sport happening that intrigues us, and stopped to take pictures.  Not sure if I’d ever be brave enough to do this, but it sure is beautiful watching these folks floating around in the blue skies:
076
The weather is a little cooler today, with some clouds, much nicer for sitting around on a soccer field while we watch the boys try to earn their bronze medal.  And, of course, there will be the Netherlands v Spain game – should be an exciting one.
Happy soccer (or whatever sport is your favorite).

Blessings, Peg

3 comments:

  1. The final didn't turn out to be the spectacular that I thought it was going to be. I didn't really care who won as long as the game was a good one. Unfortunately that wasn't to be.

    Love and hugs Gina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This year, for the first time, I watched the World Cup matches. I'd never before been interested. I was sad to see Germany, and then the Netherlands lose, but all those happy Spaniards were a joy to see too!

    ReplyDelete