A Pieceful Life

A Pieceful Life

Welcome

I'm so glad that you stopped by, and hope that you enjoy your visit. Here you will find pieces of my life - quilting, cross-stitch, family, travel, friends.
My name is Peg - I am a 60ish wife, mother, daughter, sister, aunt, cousin, friend - and if we're not already related or friends, hope to become your friend too.
We live in the eastern end of the beautiful Fraser Valley, about 1.5 hours east of Vancouver, BC. Empty nesters, we have one son living just a few minutes away, our other son and daughter live in Alberta.
Comments are always welcome, always read - and answered if need be. Feel free to share, I love hearing from all my cyber-space friends.
Please do check out some of the links in my side-bar - you'll find other bloggers and fabulous people to visit.

Saturday, July 3, 2010

Lighthouses

As mentioned in a previous post, lighthouses capture my heart and imagination as symbols of a unique lifestyle in the past, and stalwarts of safety for the men and women that make their living on the seas.  We stopped at as many lighthouses as we could along the Oregon Coast, recently.

Heceta Head lighthouse near Florence is apparently the most-photographed lighthouse in the world, and I was thrilled to capture the light gleaming:

25 

 

This lighthouse sits on its own little rock, just off the coast at Ecola State Park:

41

 

The Pt Wilson lighthouse has quite a large residence adjacent to it – no longer lived in, of course:

40 

 

Cape Meares lighthouse has just a small residence attached, which has been converted to a gift shop:

57

 

But at Newport, the Yaquina Bay lighthouse and residence have been preserved in all aspects, with the residence fully furnished:

50  

 

36 Old kitchens always capture my attention, thinking of the work that the women had to do without all of the modern conveniences

I used the panorama maker on the camera to get a full view of the parlor 40-42.Stitched

At the top of the stairs is the little tiny room for the lighthouse inspector:

46 

Oh, how I’d love to live by the ocean – not sure if I would have enjoyed the isolation of a lighthouse though!

 

Peg

No comments:

Post a Comment