A Pieceful Life

A Pieceful Life

Welcome

I'm so glad that you stopped by, and hope that you enjoy your visit. Here you will find pieces of my life - quilting, cross-stitch, family, travel, friends.
My name is Peg - I am a 60ish wife, mother, daughter, sister, aunt, cousin, friend - and if we're not already related or friends, hope to become your friend too.
We live in the eastern end of the beautiful Fraser Valley, about 1.5 hours east of Vancouver, BC. Empty nesters, we have one son living just a few minutes away, our other son and daughter live in Alberta.
Comments are always welcome, always read - and answered if need be. Feel free to share, I love hearing from all my cyber-space friends.
Please do check out some of the links in my side-bar - you'll find other bloggers and fabulous people to visit.

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Quilting in the works

At last – some quilting progress to share

DSCN0691 These four blocks are part of row # 4 in the Row by Row  Club at our LQS.  These are not traditional log cabins, but rather each ‘log’ is folded to create a bit of 3-dimension.  This month (I’m a month behind) apparently are cabin blocks to go with these.

In preparation for the cabin blocks, this piece of 10x20 fabric is being pre-quilted with rows of stitching 1/8 inch apart – good thing there’s no rush on that! DSCN0692

DSCN0693 I put out an appeal for lettering for this quilt.  It’s a Bible Mystery quilt pattern that I’ve had for years – finally got around to working on it.  The letters for the word REJOICE at the top came from JoAnn at MQ Resource forum.  Now all I need to do is applique – what do you think – satin stitch or blanket stitch?  Then put that top row together, and it’s ready to quilt!

This is one of 12 blocks that will become a table topper.  The blocks are 16x16.  Not sure if I want to sash or not – and then borders.  I’m thinking a small red, then tone-on-tone black.  Opinions on sashing – and what color? DSCN0694

Now to get back to those rows of stitching – what I’ve done so far has already taken an hour!!!

Happy quilting!                Peg

4 comments:

  1. love your art work...
    it takes time and dedication!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wouldn't sash the B & W blocks as you could lose the effect of the red strips.
    I love the Rejoice quilt and I would satin stitch the letters on. Blanket Stitch would look a bit too Primitive/Country for the design. Use a thread that just about matches the letters.
    Best of luck withthat close quilting. That would drive me mad.

    Love and hugs Gina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Gina on the sashing. Also, it's difficult to match the seams between 2 blocks when there is a sashing between them. Of course, this could only be an issue that I have to deal with! lol

    LOVE the Bible Mystery! It's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your creations! The B&W will look stunning!

    1/8" quilting!! That will take a while... 8-)

    Happy stitchings!

    ReplyDelete