A Pieceful Life

A Pieceful Life

Welcome

I'm so glad that you stopped by, and hope that you enjoy your visit. Here you will find pieces of my life - quilting, cross-stitch, family, travel, friends.
My name is Peg - I am a 60ish wife, mother, daughter, sister, aunt, cousin, friend - and if we're not already related or friends, hope to become your friend too.
We live in the eastern end of the beautiful Fraser Valley, about 1.5 hours east of Vancouver, BC. Empty nesters, we have one son living just a few minutes away, our other son and daughter live in Alberta.
Comments are always welcome, always read - and answered if need be. Feel free to share, I love hearing from all my cyber-space friends.
Please do check out some of the links in my side-bar - you'll find other bloggers and fabulous people to visit.

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

One down – more to go

Well, at the beginning of last week, I had this pile:
049
Three quilts, all ready to quilt.  This included Homespun Harmony (see here) and two others that I’ve been keeping under my hat.
The two ‘surprises’ both got quilted, and one of them even got binding done – and I was able to give it to its recipient.
Black, White and Red was given to our DS2 and DIL for a housewarming – they moved into their new digs on Saturday.
001
Red is our DIL’s favorite color – and they’ve just bought a new-to-them red sofa and loveseat.  This quilt is about 56x72, and can be used for a table cover, or a cuddle quilt, whichever they choose.  Nobody was home when I wanted to snap this, so I laid it out on our bed and stood on the hope chest to get this shot.  I was really pleased with the way it turned out.
The other surprise quilt is coming with me for our trip (leaving in the morning) so that I can finish the binding on it.  Homespun Harmony sadly didn’t get quilted, so it’ll wait until we get home.
I also got a table runner pieced, sandwiched, quilted and binding sewn on – it’s coming with me as well, so I can finish the binding.
It’s been a busy two weeks, with work and getting ready for our trip.  We’re headed to Calgary for the Highland Games for the weekend, then back to meet friends and family at Cache Creek to start our planned 2-week trailer trip.  If I get a chance, I’ll share some of the highlights while we’re away.
Happy quilting – happy camping.         Blessings, Peg

5 comments:

  1. I love that quilt. Well done on getting all that done.
    Enjoy your trip

    Love and hugs Gina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well lucky K&M - that is a beautiful quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I'm impressed, you got alot done. The quilt is beautiful and I like the colors. My oldest son likes this color combination too and I made him a black, white and red quilt several years ago. I hope you have a good trip. Please post some pics...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wish I could do that. Maybe I can resume my quilting efforts after Christmas.
    QMM

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yesterday I bought fabric for a quilted runner - I've no idea how I'll do, as it's been years since I did anything like this. The fabrics are beautiful and finally have space set aside to sew...so please wish me luck!

    ReplyDelete