A Pieceful Life

A Pieceful Life

Welcome

I'm so glad that you stopped by, and hope that you enjoy your visit. Here you will find pieces of my life - quilting, cross-stitch, family, travel, friends.
My name is Peg - I am a 60ish wife, mother, daughter, sister, aunt, cousin, friend - and if we're not already related or friends, hope to become your friend too.
We live in the eastern end of the beautiful Fraser Valley, about 1.5 hours east of Vancouver, BC. Empty nesters, we have one son living just a few minutes away, our other son and daughter live in Alberta.
Comments are always welcome, always read - and answered if need be. Feel free to share, I love hearing from all my cyber-space friends.
Please do check out some of the links in my side-bar - you'll find other bloggers and fabulous people to visit.

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Quilting on vacation

While on our recent trailer trip, I took along some handiwork to keep me busy when the weather didn’t cooperate for out-of-doors relaxing.

I finished the binding on the following two projects:

A table runner for the trailer – using fabrics given to me by my sister-in-law (thanks, L – these are wonderful fabrics and there’s more for another project sometime soon):

175

A lap quilt/wall-hanging (not sure how I want to use this, or if I’ll give it away), scrappy, using the patterns from a Mystery Bible quilt that’s been sitting in my binder for a number of years:

258 

We stopped at a few quilt shops along the way:

Near Lone Butte:

DSCN1544 - owned by an amazing septuagenarian who really does have busy fingers, judging by the amount of stock in her little shop:

DSCN1538

At Oliver, Miss Molly’s has changed hands and is now Heather’s Threadz – we were there on opening day:

DSCN1647

In Penticton:

DSCN1634

In Grand Forks, we found three

 DSCN1657 DSCN1660  DSCN1663 

None of the owners was too keen on having pictures taken inside, but trust me – they all had wonderful quilts on display, and fabric candy sufficient to satisfy any quilter’s appetite.

We got to Wine Country Quilts after my camera quit working – it’s just north of Oliver, and a great place to visit and watch the long-arm at work!

My purchases were modest:

100_5789 An apron panel for a friend, some veggie fabrics for a sometime table cover I have in mind, some fat quarters for a set of table toppers, and a table runner pattern.

Happy quilting.                Blessings, Peg

4 comments:

  1. Wow how can you visit all those quilt shops and not buy anything.

    Love your finishes from the holiday

    Love and hugs Gina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful selection of quilt shops you found! I thought your table runner was lovely, very calm and softly coloured.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey it looks like you got carrots! Too cute.

    ReplyDelete