A Pieceful Life

A Pieceful Life

Welcome

I'm so glad that you stopped by, and hope that you enjoy your visit. Here you will find pieces of my life - quilting, cross-stitch, family, travel, friends.
My name is Peg - I am a 60ish wife, mother, daughter, sister, aunt, cousin, friend - and if we're not already related or friends, hope to become your friend too.
We live in the eastern end of the beautiful Fraser Valley, about 1.5 hours east of Vancouver, BC. Empty nesters, we have one son living just a few minutes away, our other son and daughter live in Alberta.
Comments are always welcome, always read - and answered if need be. Feel free to share, I love hearing from all my cyber-space friends.
Please do check out some of the links in my side-bar - you'll find other bloggers and fabulous people to visit.

Thursday, September 23, 2010

A trip back in time

After our weekend in Calgary, we headed back to BC to join our friends with our trailers for a 2-week trip.  Our first destination, Barkerville – a former gold rush town, now preserved as a living museum town in northwest BC.

But first we stopped at Hat Creek Ranch, a historic ranch also an active memory of former times:

05

We rode the stage coach, and gained a new appreciation for soft seats and shock absorbers  in our vehicles of today:

16

Cowboys were on hand to demonstrate the lifestyle of ranching in the early 1900s:

23  

Chickens and Mia the Sicilian donkey are still part of the farming activities here:

   43         18

 

Then on to Barkerville.  Where we ‘toured’ 1868:

54

Learned how a Cornish waterwheel was used to pull the gold-bearing waters out from underground:

31

And were invited to ‘invest’ in the mine:

26

Got a lesson in playing Faro:

58

Heard about the frustrations of the suffragettes:

010

And took in a revue:

022

Where they even got me on stage, acting like a chicken no less (sorry haven’t received a picture from my SIL who was apparently happily snapping away while I made a fool of myself).

Happy time travel.  Blessings, Peg

No comments:

Post a Comment