A Pieceful Life

A Pieceful Life

Welcome

I'm so glad that you stopped by, and hope that you enjoy your visit. Here you will find pieces of my life - quilting, cross-stitch, family, travel, friends.
My name is Peg - I am a 60ish wife, mother, daughter, sister, aunt, cousin, friend - and if we're not already related or friends, hope to become your friend too.
We live in the eastern end of the beautiful Fraser Valley, about 1.5 hours east of Vancouver, BC. Empty nesters, we have one son living just a few minutes away, our other son and daughter live in Alberta.
Comments are always welcome, always read - and answered if need be. Feel free to share, I love hearing from all my cyber-space friends.
Please do check out some of the links in my side-bar - you'll find other bloggers and fabulous people to visit.

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Anniversary Day

It’s our anniversary today, and you’d think that it would be a day of rest and relaxation.  Well…here’s how it really went:
I was awake early, and decided there was time – a few hours later, these lovelies were cooling:
002

There was housework to do, laundry to finish up, a drive to town to get oil changed on the vehicle and check on the progress of the camera repair  (still not fixed!) – oh, and a quick stop at the quilt shop to get another piece so I could finish up row # 7 in the Row by Row club.
Back home, and there was a little bit of ironing to do – and then I decided to reward myself with some time at the sewing machine.
While dinner was being prepared:003
I made real progress on the Row by Row.  It’s a few days late for Design Wall Monday, but here’s what my wall looks like at the end of the day:008 I’ve made some changes to the original (see my last post), but it’s coming along.  The next row will be ready to pick up early November.
While getting the bread going in the morning, I decided a nice dessert would go well with what DH had planned for dinner.  What I really wanted was a Black Forest Cake, but not having all the ingredients, we had to settle for a Mock Black Forest Cake:004
Normally we go out for dinner on our anniversary, but a couple of weeks ago, DH found a deal – and because he loves to cook, we decided to stay in.  I must say that dinner was as good as any restaurant meal.  The menu:
Duck a L’orange
Roast potatoes
Green beans with mushrooms
Topped with a Honey Mead wine (purchased on our trip to Oregon a few months ago), and finished with chocolate cake – what can I say but ……….  yuuummmy
The duck was done to perfection:011

Candles set just the right mood:014 
We toasted 38 years together:017

And then had to laugh when we discovered that the brandy cherries used in the cake …………….. hadn’t been pitted!!!!
Happy celebrations .                Blessings, Peg

5 comments:

  1. Happy anniversary! And wishes for many more happy years together. Love your rows!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary you two!

    Sherrill

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great day. Congratulations to you both

    Love and hugs Gina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww Your day was so special and a meal cooked by Hubby makes it even more special.
    Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Anniversary!!!

    ReplyDelete