A Pieceful Life

A Pieceful Life

Welcome

I'm so glad that you stopped by, and hope that you enjoy your visit. Here you will find pieces of my life - quilting, cross-stitch, family, travel, friends.
My name is Peg - I am a 60ish wife, mother, daughter, sister, aunt, cousin, friend - and if we're not already related or friends, hope to become your friend too.
We live in the eastern end of the beautiful Fraser Valley, about 1.5 hours east of Vancouver, BC. Empty nesters, we have one son living just a few minutes away, our other son and daughter live in Alberta.
Comments are always welcome, always read - and answered if need be. Feel free to share, I love hearing from all my cyber-space friends.
Please do check out some of the links in my side-bar - you'll find other bloggers and fabulous people to visit.

Friday, October 29, 2010

Quilt Festival

It’s Festival Time – the quilts are on display – in Blogger Land.

My entry:009. Delectable Mountains.jpg

I chose this quilt, Delectable Mountains, because it’s my favorite.  The design is also the name of a book by Earlene Fowler, one of my favorite authors – and I wanted to make this for our bedroom because it just wasn’t too frou-frou for my husband – and we live in the mountains, so it’s a reflection of the mountain that we can view from our bedroom window.  The pattern is unique, and comes with a special ruler to be able to cut those mountain strips.  As I pieced this, I was amazed to learn how quickly piecing a large quilt goes.

To see the whole gallery of the festival, follow the link on the side-bar.

Happy festival                 Blessings, Peg

10 comments:

  1. Lovely! I love your pillows too. My hubby would love me to make a quilt for our bed...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so fresh and attractive. I love anything blue and white.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous quilt Peg. It looks like there's a lot of work gone into it

    Love and hugs Gina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't it nice to have that inspiration just outside the window? What a lovely Delectable Mountain quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a very pretty quilt. I love the blues. Definitely not frou-frou. Love Lois

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your quilt is absolutely gorgeous!

    Wanted to let you know that you were chosen as one of the winners for the giveaway on my blog. If you send your address to me at:

    ajoyfulnoise(at)live(dot)com we will send it to you.

    Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like that quilt very much. First of all, it's blue, and blue is always a winner in my book! Second, it's a big pattern and I'm drawn to big patterns. Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a beautiful quilt, I would love to have a mountain view...you are blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pretty...in blue! And I like the first quilt you did..on your previous post...as well.

    ReplyDelete