A Pieceful Life

A Pieceful Life

Welcome

I'm so glad that you stopped by, and hope that you enjoy your visit. Here you will find pieces of my life - quilting, cross-stitch, family, travel, friends.
My name is Peg - I am a 60ish wife, mother, daughter, sister, aunt, cousin, friend - and if we're not already related or friends, hope to become your friend too.
We live in the eastern end of the beautiful Fraser Valley, about 1.5 hours east of Vancouver, BC. Empty nesters, we have one son living just a few minutes away, our other son and daughter live in Alberta.
Comments are always welcome, always read - and answered if need be. Feel free to share, I love hearing from all my cyber-space friends.
Please do check out some of the links in my side-bar - you'll find other bloggers and fabulous people to visit.

Saturday, October 9, 2010

What have I been doing?

I just realized that it’s been better than 10 days since I last posted, and I had to wonder how have I filled the time?

First – our camera is still in the shop.  They tell us it could be a few weeks yet, and with the old camera just not very reliable, we realized that we need a back-up.  So we searched the flyers, and found this little beauty at a very good price:005 This isn’t a very good picture – it’s taken in a mirror because I had no other option at the time.  It’s a little Kodak that uses AA batteries, and the cards from the old camera.  It’s amazing how many features are available in it, and it will certainly serve as a stop-gap, and be a great take-along on vacations just in case we run into another problem.

So that’s where the rest of these pictures come from.

 

And what else have I been doing?  Well, it’s fall – that means fall cleaning.  The inside of the house got done, and then we needed to tackle the outside, which is almost done – just those few plants that need some more time to get a little more dormant before we prune.  The only thing left is the garage, which should get done today.

A little bit of sewing has been squeezed in between.

This apron, for a Christmas gift:100_0020

 

Some of the blocks for the Row by Row quilt:100_0021

The start of a series for some table-mats:

 002 This is Fool’s Puzzle or Drunkard’s Path – and I felt like a fool or a drunk doing it – glad I only have to do one, those curves are something else!

So no idle hands around here – and a busy Thanksgiving weekend just starting, followed by a trip to Calgary to visit the other kids.

Happy busyness.  Happy fall.  Happy Thanksgiving.

 

Blessings, Peg

1 comment:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving to you. I keep forgetting yours is different than ours. You have done some great work. My little Kodak 5x digital serves me well. Don't really know any better. Have never had a real fancy camera. I am doing Cottage Gardens photography class. I realized I was doing some pretty good things already, just need to tweek the electronic skills. So good to hear from you.
    QMM

    ReplyDelete