A Pieceful Life

A Pieceful Life

Welcome

I'm so glad that you stopped by, and hope that you enjoy your visit. Here you will find pieces of my life - quilting, cross-stitch, family, travel, friends.
My name is Peg - I am a 60ish wife, mother, daughter, sister, aunt, cousin, friend - and if we're not already related or friends, hope to become your friend too.
We live in the eastern end of the beautiful Fraser Valley, about 1.5 hours east of Vancouver, BC. Empty nesters, we have one son living just a few minutes away, our other son and daughter live in Alberta.
Comments are always welcome, always read - and answered if need be. Feel free to share, I love hearing from all my cyber-space friends.
Please do check out some of the links in my side-bar - you'll find other bloggers and fabulous people to visit.

Monday, November 15, 2010

A Christmas Start

Yesterday was a quiet day around our household.  While Grizz watched soccer, I got busy in the sewing room.

A friend had picked up this little beauty at a garage sale 002

– no home in mind for it, but the price was just too good!!  So I bought it from her for somebody I know who is needing a beginning machine.

It came with all the basic feet and screwdrivers

003 And a sewing box filled with goodies

004 

005 I sorted through everything, and after it was all organized, I whipped up a quick cover, and another thread-catcher, and put it all away.   Maybe a great Christmas surprise?!?

After that was all done, I found this pattern, and decided to try to make this little pincushion.  I must say that curves are not my favorite seams to sew!!

006

 

Today – I must make myself get busy doing some painting (of walls).  The paint and accoutrements have been in the laundry room for weeks!!!

Happy sewing – not so happy painting    Blessings, Peg

8 comments:

  1. BEst of luck with the decorating.

    What a great buy. I'm sure all that will give someone hours of fun. Great pin cushion

    Love and hugs Gina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great gift for someone! And I love the little watermelon pincushion. I think I could become adicted to pincushions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Forgot to say_ i LOVE the quilt in your header. Absolutely beautiful!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Peg, I was taught in a sewing factory many years ago that when you're sewing a curve, like an armhole, to hold the top piece up as you feed it in. It works pretty well. I'm not much of a curve sew-er either.

    Hugs XX
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a nice gift.

    I made that little pincushion a while back - I love it. It was a little harder than I thought, but since I only made one it wasn't a problem. I'm making a hedgehog pincushion now - very easy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck on the decorating for sure. What a deal on the machine. That will make a great gift. It has turned cold here and raining, (thanks for that) but I'm thinking snow won't be far away. Blessings
    QMM

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Peg! That machine, plus accessories, will make a wonderful Christmas surprize for someone!!! 8-)
    Darling pincushion...

    ReplyDelete