A Pieceful Life

A Pieceful Life

Welcome

I'm so glad that you stopped by, and hope that you enjoy your visit. Here you will find pieces of my life - quilting, cross-stitch, family, travel, friends.
My name is Peg - I am a 60ish wife, mother, daughter, sister, aunt, cousin, friend - and if we're not already related or friends, hope to become your friend too.
We live in the eastern end of the beautiful Fraser Valley, about 1.5 hours east of Vancouver, BC. Empty nesters, we have one son living just a few minutes away, our other son and daughter live in Alberta.
Comments are always welcome, always read - and answered if need be. Feel free to share, I love hearing from all my cyber-space friends.
Please do check out some of the links in my side-bar - you'll find other bloggers and fabulous people to visit.

Monday, November 22, 2010

Dreams, Winter, and Design Wall Monday

Do you dream?  Well, of course you do, what I should be asking is – do you remember your dreams?
As a rule I don’t remember my dreams, I most often wake up thinking ‘that was weird’ and realizing the dream had to do with something that had occurred recently, or somebody with whom I’d had recent contact or information.  The occasional dream that I recall vividly has turned out to be somewhat (very loosely)prophetic.  And then there are the dreams which produced some creative writing a few months ago – wonder why I don’t have them anymore!
But then there was last night’s dream.
Actually I think it was two dreams – one had to do with organizing a basement.  Not really sure what that’s all about, as we don’t have a basement right now, and we do have our crawl space fairly well organized. 
The other dream was about having some car repairs done.  I do know where that came from – two TV shows last night had scenes with car accidents in them.  But………while I was at the shop, with my young children in tow, we were suddenly surrounded by mice and rats.  That woke me up!  I really don’t like mice, and have a huge fear of rats.  When I woke up, I wondered what made me dream about rats of all things, and then I got a close look at the repairman:

Oh, my – this isn’t actually what I ‘saw’ but you get the idea.
I just hope this doesn’t mean that we’ll have rats in our crawl space this winter!
And it looks like it’s shaping up to be a cold one, so mice and rats may be looking to move indoors.  Yesterday morning we woke up to this:006 This skiff of snow is the second in a week.  The wind howled all day, and it was a perfect day to stay indoors.  Lots of reading got done yesterday, and some cross-stitch, but no sewing or quilting.
This morning the wind has blown all the snow away from the grass, and the sky is a little clearer, so we can again see the mountain behind our house:003The wind has died a little, so venturing out of doors will be a little less daunting – just have to wrap up warmly!!

This is my first post for Design Wall Monday, and I hope to be able to keep up the momentum every week.  I’ve shown you all these blocks before, individually, but here’s what’s finished for the sampler table toppers that I’m doing:009  I’m at a standstill, as I’ve almost run out of the light background fabric – I knew that would happen at some point as I bought packages of fat quarters for this project.  It’s a common fabric, so I shouldn’t have to much trouble getting more – just have to make myself go out in that cold.   But when I get that fabric, the rest of the blocks will keep me going for a while, and I won’t have to think about venturing outside too often.
Happy winter sewing.            Blessings, Peg♥

2 comments:

  1. First, I love the blocks - those colors are so soothing.

    Second - SNOW - it is snowing down here again - it has been moving north all morning from Seattle and finally hit here about 5 minutes ago. I didn't really want any more snow - and it is bitterly cold. 22 ( -5 C)degrees with windchill of 11 (-11C) somehow it seems colder than that. We are also expecting 50 mph winds this afternoon - good day to stay indoors and stitch.

    I do have prophetic dreams - sometimes the prophetic part isn't clear at first - but then it come clear. I hope that the rats in your basement are not that mean looking one in your picture. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wouldn't worry too much about a rodent invasion, but I would be concerned about mechanics that graduated from the Mickey Mouse School of Auto Repair. (Or those that have a grudge against their boss or wife the day you take your vehicle in for service! LOL)

    ReplyDelete