A Pieceful Life

A Pieceful Life

Welcome

I'm so glad that you stopped by, and hope that you enjoy your visit. Here you will find pieces of my life - quilting, cross-stitch, family, travel, friends.
My name is Peg - I am a 60ish wife, mother, daughter, sister, aunt, cousin, friend - and if we're not already related or friends, hope to become your friend too.
We live in the eastern end of the beautiful Fraser Valley, about 1.5 hours east of Vancouver, BC. Empty nesters, we have one son living just a few minutes away, our other son and daughter live in Alberta.
Comments are always welcome, always read - and answered if need be. Feel free to share, I love hearing from all my cyber-space friends.
Please do check out some of the links in my side-bar - you'll find other bloggers and fabulous people to visit.

Sunday, November 28, 2010

Hope

It’s First Advent today – and so begins the season of anticipating the celebration of Christ’s birth.005
In preparation, yesterday some of the Christmas decorating was done, including placing the Advent wreath prominently on a living room table.  Each Sunday we will light a candle, and sit for a few moments contemplating ………. today the focus is Hope –
Hope in the promise of the Messiah, so anticipated all those years ago
Hope in the love of God in our world today
Hope in the future, when Christ will return

Happy First Advent               Blessings, Peg

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for this timely reminder as we begin the Advent of Christ and look forward to celebrating His birth and also look forward to His return.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes this time of waiting the birth of Jesus is time of great grace. I do find myself more focused on Advent now than in years when my children were little. God has this great plan that we move from one developmental phase, from parenting, to grandparents to more time alone and if we choose to spend that time with Him we are truly blessed. Blessed Advent to you.
    QMM

    ReplyDelete