A Pieceful Life

A Pieceful Life

Welcome

I'm so glad that you stopped by, and hope that you enjoy your visit. Here you will find pieces of my life - quilting, cross-stitch, family, travel, friends.
My name is Peg - I am a 60ish wife, mother, daughter, sister, aunt, cousin, friend - and if we're not already related or friends, hope to become your friend too.
We live in the eastern end of the beautiful Fraser Valley, about 1.5 hours east of Vancouver, BC. Empty nesters, we have one son living just a few minutes away, our other son and daughter live in Alberta.
Comments are always welcome, always read - and answered if need be. Feel free to share, I love hearing from all my cyber-space friends.
Please do check out some of the links in my side-bar - you'll find other bloggers and fabulous people to visit.

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Let’s Dance with God

This was posted by Daylily yesterday, and I thought it was a perfect though to share on a Sunday morning.  Not sure of the origins.

 

When I meditated on the word GUIDANCE,

I kept seeing "dance" at the end of the word.

I remember reading that doing God's will is a lot

like dancing.

When two people try to lead, nothing feels right.

The movement doesn't flow with the music,

and everything is quite uncomfortable and jerky.

When one person realizes that, and lets the other

lead,

both bodies begin to flow with the music. One

gives gentle cues, perhaps with a nudge to the

back or by pressing lightly in one direction or

another. It's as if two become one body, moving

beautifully. The dance takes surrender,

willingness, and attentiveness from one person

and gentle guidance and skill from the other.

My eyes drew back to the word GUIDANCE.

When I saw "G" : I thought of God, followed by "u"

and "i".

"God, "u" and "i" dance."

God, you and I dance.

As I lowered my head, I became willing to trust

that I would get guidance about my life. Once

again, I became willing to let God lead. My prayer

for you today is that God's blessings and mercies

are upon you this day and everyday. May you

abide in God, as God abides in you. Dance

together with God, trusting God to lead and to

guide you through each season of your life.

Let's continue to pray for one another.

Happy dancing               Blessings, Peg

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for your visit and comment.

    I particularly liked this post over at daylily too and put it on facebook as a note! A great reminder to let God lead!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tutorial. The Guidance post looks and sounds good wherever we see it. Have a great week.
    QMM

    ReplyDelete