A Pieceful Life

A Pieceful Life

Welcome

I'm so glad that you stopped by, and hope that you enjoy your visit. Here you will find pieces of my life - quilting, cross-stitch, family, travel, friends.
My name is Peg - I am a 60ish wife, mother, daughter, sister, aunt, cousin, friend - and if we're not already related or friends, hope to become your friend too.
We live in the eastern end of the beautiful Fraser Valley, about 1.5 hours east of Vancouver, BC. Empty nesters, we have one son living just a few minutes away, our other son and daughter live in Alberta.
Comments are always welcome, always read - and answered if need be. Feel free to share, I love hearing from all my cyber-space friends.
Please do check out some of the links in my side-bar - you'll find other bloggers and fabulous people to visit.

Friday, November 5, 2010

She’s Baaaaccckkk

And I don’t mean me – although I’m back too.  Don’t know what I’ve been doing, but it’s not been blogging!      LOL!

Anyway, the ‘she’ that’s back is my camera, or at least her twin sister is here.  Remember my post about my broken camera?  Well, the long and short of it is that she was unfixable.  After weeks of waiting, and repeated visits to the shop to try to get updates, and a ‘loaner’ purchased, we finally got word last Saturday that she was ‘in transit’.  On Monday we got a phone call – yes, she was in transit, but not repaired.  Instead Nikon had authorized replacement, so whenever she arrived at the store, we were to take the paperwork in and get refund for the ‘loaner’ and we’d have our permanent camera.

So meet Nikki:

056.New cameraI’ve never before named an object, but over the last few weeks, I’ve realized how very precious a camera is to me – and so she gets a name.

With Nikki, I can now share with you (with decent pictures, if I can hold my hand steady), the blocks I’ve made for the sampler I’m doing:

Wild Goose Chase (instead of Goose in the Pond, because I can’t find a 12” block pattern):

084 

A simple 9-patch:

085 

Fool’s Puzzle (or Drunkard’s Path):

086

 

Kansas Troubles: 087

I’ve also just learned that our LQS has coffee-themed fabrics on sale, so need to make a trip there to get a bunch – have a specific project in mind!

 

I think I’ve mentioned before that DH and I volunteer with our local Emergency Social Services, and I am a member of the local Friends of the Library.  Well, last week, our community celebrated volunteers – with a dessert evening.  Unfortunately, I ran out of the house without a camera.  But the hall was decorated beautifully, and the food was delicious.

Volunteers... a gift to the community Various speakers thanked the volunteers, and there were door prizes (we didn’t get any) provided by a long list of sponsors. 

What impressed me the most was the number of people there – about 300 in attendance, and according to the numbers of the tickets that were called for the door prizes there were quite a few who couldn’t attend.  With a local population of about 3200 – this means that around 10% of our community volunteer in some capacity or other – now that’s impressive!           Aaaah – small town life – I love it!                I can only encourage everybody to look for an opportunity to volunteer somewhere – your community, your school, your church – it’s one small way we can give return for the benefits that we enjoy.

 

Happy volunteering!                Blessings, Peg

3 comments:

  1. Welcome back - to both of you. I know how it is to be without a dependable camera - so glad you got yours replaced. Lovely, lovely blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for all you good wishes while I was dealing with my monster. I am so doing better now. Love all the quilt pieces and thank goodness the camera is back. I had a great day today shooting for Friday Shoot Out next week.
    QMM

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm appreciate your writing skill.Please keep on working hard.^^

    ReplyDelete