A Pieceful Life

A Pieceful Life

Welcome

I'm so glad that you stopped by, and hope that you enjoy your visit. Here you will find pieces of my life - quilting, cross-stitch, family, travel, friends.
My name is Peg - I am a 60ish wife, mother, daughter, sister, aunt, cousin, friend - and if we're not already related or friends, hope to become your friend too.
We live in the eastern end of the beautiful Fraser Valley, about 1.5 hours east of Vancouver, BC. Empty nesters, we have one son living just a few minutes away, our other son and daughter live in Alberta.
Comments are always welcome, always read - and answered if need be. Feel free to share, I love hearing from all my cyber-space friends.
Please do check out some of the links in my side-bar - you'll find other bloggers and fabulous people to visit.

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Thank you, thank you

To everybody who sent greetings for my birthday – here in blog-land and on FB.  How loved I feel!

Grizz (DH) brought me these lovelies:

007 Strongman (DS1) and Ms Butterfly (DD) called and emailed wishes.  And Mr Soccer (DS2) and Ms Student (DDIL) will be joining us and other family for dinner later today.

An aside – see my Family Pieces page for the reasons for the new nicknames.

It was a good day – a short appointment first thing in the morning, and the rest of the day was mine, all mine.  So I treated myself to some sewing:

The bag is finished!

001 

And I finally got around to making a thread catcher:

004

A walk in the sunshine, and a great meal cooked by Grizz, and my day was complete!

Today family will be joining us to celebrate two birthdays for this month – ordering in Chinese so nobody has to cook.

Happy celebrations!            Blessings, Peg

2 comments:

  1. I missed wishing you Happy Birthday, so Here it is
    "HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!" Glad you got to do the things you love.
    Did you find the Thread Catcher pattern online? I am looking to make one too

    ReplyDelete