A Pieceful Life

A Pieceful Life

Welcome

I'm so glad that you stopped by, and hope that you enjoy your visit. Here you will find pieces of my life - quilting, cross-stitch, family, travel, friends.
My name is Peg - I am a 60ish wife, mother, daughter, sister, aunt, cousin, friend - and if we're not already related or friends, hope to become your friend too.
We live in the eastern end of the beautiful Fraser Valley, about 1.5 hours east of Vancouver, BC. Empty nesters, we have one son living just a few minutes away, our other son and daughter live in Alberta.
Comments are always welcome, always read - and answered if need be. Feel free to share, I love hearing from all my cyber-space friends.
Please do check out some of the links in my side-bar - you'll find other bloggers and fabulous people to visit.

Friday, November 12, 2010

Winter Warmth

For years, I’ve been using a barley bag for a toe/neck warmer.

This old, faithful friend has warmed my bed on cold winter nights, soothed the ache in my neck and shoulders after long hours at the sewing machine, eased tummy cramps when I eat the wrong foods.  It was a gift from one of my children a long time ago, and has been showing signs of age – barley (or whatever it is inside there) was threatening to spill out in some thread-bare places).

042 

So I decided she needed a new cover – and got out the bag of selvedges:

043 

044

It didn’t take long and she looks like new – now every time I heat her up, I’ll be reminded of various quilts and projects done over the years.         Aaahhh – warm memories and soothing heat – what could be better!

Happy heating bags.          Blessings, Peg

3 comments:

  1. What a great idea. I've a couple of barley bags but I'm not too keen on the covers. I've never thought of making new ones for them.

    Love and hugs Gina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, there is something quite special about those old barley bags, isn't there? I have three - in different sizes. One for the neck/shoulders, one for the tummy and a little one for the head, knee... wherever it may be called for. Hot or cold, these are a few of my favourite things. Love your new cover! (these sell well at craft fairs!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great new cover!!!
    I'm in the same situation as Gina!!! I must look into that too! 8-)

    ReplyDelete