A Pieceful Life

A Pieceful Life

Welcome

I'm so glad that you stopped by, and hope that you enjoy your visit. Here you will find pieces of my life - quilting, cross-stitch, family, travel, friends.
My name is Peg - I am a 60ish wife, mother, daughter, sister, aunt, cousin, friend - and if we're not already related or friends, hope to become your friend too.
We live in the eastern end of the beautiful Fraser Valley, about 1.5 hours east of Vancouver, BC. Empty nesters, we have one son living just a few minutes away, our other son and daughter live in Alberta.
Comments are always welcome, always read - and answered if need be. Feel free to share, I love hearing from all my cyber-space friends.
Please do check out some of the links in my side-bar - you'll find other bloggers and fabulous people to visit.

Sunday, December 5, 2010

Love

Today we’re celebrating the Second Sunday of Advent – remembering the Love that God gave to the world with the birth of His Son.


I’m sure that this birth was nowhere near as glamorous as we see depicted in pictures on calendars and Christmas cards (and almost certainly had no snow – we are talking about Bethlehem in Israel after all). 
But glamor or no, snow or no, warm or cold, certainly no comforts for mother or baby, in a time of Roman rule and oppression – this little Baby was BORN because God loves the world and all of its people.  He grew to LIVE God’s love in actuality – and to DIE for love of all mankind for eternity.
Celebrate LOVE …………. today and everyday.
Happy Advent!                  Blessings, Peg

2 comments:

  1. Such a nice post for today Peg. One of the things I like about the Christmas story, Mary and Joseph were just doing their faithful citizenship duty and going to pay their taxes. They did not know Jesus would be born in Bethleham. Yes they knew the scripture and knew they were part of the fulfillment, I guess, but I am sure they had doubts along the way but went were they were supposed to go and do in their daily lives based on God's work.
    Blessings
    QMM

    ReplyDelete