A Pieceful Life

A Pieceful Life

Welcome

I'm so glad that you stopped by, and hope that you enjoy your visit. Here you will find pieces of my life - quilting, cross-stitch, family, travel, friends.
My name is Peg - I am a 60ish wife, mother, daughter, sister, aunt, cousin, friend - and if we're not already related or friends, hope to become your friend too.
We live in the eastern end of the beautiful Fraser Valley, about 1.5 hours east of Vancouver, BC. Empty nesters, we have one son living just a few minutes away, our other son and daughter live in Alberta.
Comments are always welcome, always read - and answered if need be. Feel free to share, I love hearing from all my cyber-space friends.
Please do check out some of the links in my side-bar - you'll find other bloggers and fabulous people to visit.

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Hawaii – Day 5

It was LUAU day!!  After a day of relaxing and staying close to home, we headed back to Lahaina for their famous luau.

Servers in local costume:

20.Servers

Greeted us with leis

23.Leis

And Mai Tais:

 19.Server   18.Maitai

A live band entertained throughout dinner:24.Band

And we enjoyed the ocean view and sunset:21.View over the ocean51.Sunset 

We found the roasting pit:

26.Pig roast pit

And watched as the pig was dug out and carried away to the buffet:

 29.Digging out pig 33.Digging out pig - banana leaves 35.The pig  38.Off to the buffet

The buffet was everything we could have expected or wanted, and dancers joined the band in keeping us entertained:48.Hula

As darkness fell and the torches were lit, the real entertainment began.  I wish I could show you all of the dances, and I tried to insert a video, but that didn’t work.  So here are a couple more pictures:

63 56.Hula

The dances and commentary told the history of Hawaii.

And so ended our 3rd full day in Hawaii.

Happy Luau!!   Blessings, Peg

2 comments:

  1. Wow! What a fun day!!! Nice pig! 8-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's good to be able to live vicariously through others. Now I don't have to go to Hawaii! LOL Looks like you're having a great time. Keep having fun.

    ReplyDelete