A Pieceful Life

A Pieceful Life

Welcome

I'm so glad that you stopped by, and hope that you enjoy your visit. Here you will find pieces of my life - quilting, cross-stitch, family, travel, friends.
My name is Peg - I am a 60ish wife, mother, daughter, sister, aunt, cousin, friend - and if we're not already related or friends, hope to become your friend too.
We live in the eastern end of the beautiful Fraser Valley, about 1.5 hours east of Vancouver, BC. Empty nesters, we have one son living just a few minutes away, our other son and daughter live in Alberta.
Comments are always welcome, always read - and answered if need be. Feel free to share, I love hearing from all my cyber-space friends.
Please do check out some of the links in my side-bar - you'll find other bloggers and fabulous people to visit.

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Hawaii Flora

The gorgeous colors of flora in tropical countries always catch my eye.  Here’s some of what we saw while in Hawaii.

Ginger – such a pretty flower on such an ugly root:

022.Ginger

A banyan tree (see here for pictures of the famous one):

69.Another banyan tree 

Peace lily:

05.Peace lily 

Hibiscus – the yellow is the state flower:

09.hibiscus 18.Hibiscus

30.Hibiscus

Bougainvilea (had to prove I was actually here, not just taking pictures from the net):

14.Bougainvilea 

Lily of the Nile:

19.Lily of the nile 

Plumeria:

22.Blooming tree 

Bird of Paradise:

22

Lavender:

54.Lavender 

A fig tree:

20.Fig tree  22.Fig flower  21.Fig

Rainbow eucalyptus:

03

But imagine our surprise when we found these cacti:

33.Cacti 32.Cacti

Water lilies in the pond at the condo:06.Water lilies

Not sure what this is, but it caught my eye:

16.Flower

Who knew that Allspice grew on trees:

11.Allspice tree

And, of course an orchid lei:

23.Leis

Happy flowers!           Blessings, Peg

2 comments:

  1. The rainbow euchaliptus is one of the coolest things I've ever seen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Wonderful floral/plant photos Peg! Lots of beauty there! 8-)

    ReplyDelete