A Pieceful Life

A Pieceful Life

Welcome

I'm so glad that you stopped by, and hope that you enjoy your visit. Here you will find pieces of my life - quilting, cross-stitch, family, travel, friends.
My name is Peg - I am a 60ish wife, mother, daughter, sister, aunt, cousin, friend - and if we're not already related or friends, hope to become your friend too.
We live in the eastern end of the beautiful Fraser Valley, about 1.5 hours east of Vancouver, BC. Empty nesters, we have one son living just a few minutes away, our other son and daughter live in Alberta.
Comments are always welcome, always read - and answered if need be. Feel free to share, I love hearing from all my cyber-space friends.
Please do check out some of the links in my side-bar - you'll find other bloggers and fabulous people to visit.

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Softly and Tenderly - a book review

Some months ago, a fellow blogger reviewed a book which she had received free of charge from the publisher, just for agreeing to do a review.  I decided to try this, and you can too – just click on the link on my left side bar.
_76_125_Book.319.cover The book I chose to review is ‘Softly and Tenderly’ by Sara Evans with Rachel Hauck.
In this Christian romance, Jade is the center character who struggles with multiple issues from her past and in her present.  In the midst of Jade’s own struggles, her husband’s and in-laws’ issues impact her as well, and despair and depression overtake.  Jade’s relationship with God eventually sees her return to wholeness.
I enjoyed the characters, and found them well developed and real.  At times, I wondered how much more could happen to all of these people, and then I recalled the people I know who seem to be ‘hit’ over and over again.  Somehow, it seems that some people just do experience repeated tragedy and difficulty, and this memory made the story-line that much more believable.
This is the second book in a series, and I found the references to incidents from the first book vague and dissatisfying – and all too frequent.  I kept thinking that these references to the past were just a little bit of a mystery and all would eventually be revealed.  So beware, you may want to read the first book (Sweet By and By) before you read this one!
All in all, an enjoyable book – and has the potential to be a good series.
Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from the publisher through the BookSneeze®.com book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 : “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
Happy reading!              Blessings, Peg

1 comment:

  1. Booksneeze are so good, arent they? I havent yet found a fiction book in the available collection, so you have done well.

    ReplyDelete