A Pieceful Life

A Pieceful Life

Welcome

I'm so glad that you stopped by, and hope that you enjoy your visit. Here you will find pieces of my life - quilting, cross-stitch, family, travel, friends.
My name is Peg - I am a 60ish wife, mother, daughter, sister, aunt, cousin, friend - and if we're not already related or friends, hope to become your friend too.
We live in the eastern end of the beautiful Fraser Valley, about 1.5 hours east of Vancouver, BC. Empty nesters, we have one son living just a few minutes away, our other son and daughter live in Alberta.
Comments are always welcome, always read - and answered if need be. Feel free to share, I love hearing from all my cyber-space friends.
Please do check out some of the links in my side-bar - you'll find other bloggers and fabulous people to visit.

Monday, February 14, 2011

Design Wall Monday, and some progress

It’s been a fairly busy week, with lots of stuff done – but of course much more to do.  On THE WALL this morning:008
These are some of the sampler blocks that I’ve been doing for a table cover.  The blocks are the titles of some of Earlene Fowler’s books (if you like mysteries and quilts, these are great reads!).  Seven Sisters is in the center – I’ll be changing that block a little bit and putting a lighter border around it.  I chose to put that one in the center as it’s the darkest, and because I have 7 sisters (3 natural sisters and 4 sisters-in-law who are truly all sisters to me).  Starting at the top left and going clock-wise, the other blocks are:  Broken Dishes,Kansas Trouble, Tumbling Blocks,Arkansas Traveler, Steps to the Altar, Sunlight and Shadows, Fool’s Puzzle/Drunkard’s Path, Dove in the Window.  This project has been a real learning curve, with different techniques and adjusting sizes of blocks!
The fabric on the right-hand side is what I found for sashing and borders.  I hope to get this together this week
The other blocks that I did:
DSCN2611
Wild Goose Chase (instead of the title Goose in the Pond), a simple 9-Patch (because I was having trouble getting Irish Chain worked out in the right size), Mariner’s Compass, and State Fair.  These will probably be incorporated into other table mats – or something!
Progress has also been made on other projects.  I finished these thread catchers:
002
A camera bag:
004
005
A table runner – reversible with fruits and veggies on one side, coffee-theme on the other.  The binding is sewn on, just needs to be finished:
003
006
You can see that Tobin thought it was just for her – and she can be immovable when she wants to be!  I’ll get more, and better, pics when it’s finished completely.
Last but not least – February block for the Canadian Quilter’s BOM – North Winds:
002
Happy quilting!                Blessings, Peg

6 comments:

  1. wow you have been busy and everything look fabulous. I really like the fabrics in the sampler blocks. Happy Valentine's Day

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - you've been very busy. I love the colors in the sampler - so soft and sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you have been busy! Great project, Peg.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such busy hands and beautiful fabrics. I so love all those fabrics. I sent an e mail. I did not advice. Quilting
    QMM

    ReplyDelete
  5. It sure feels good to get things finished doesn't it, they all look great. I love Earlene Fowler's books and neutral quilts so a joyful read today.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I could use a case for my kobo! LOL

    ReplyDelete