A Pieceful Life

A Pieceful Life

Welcome

I'm so glad that you stopped by, and hope that you enjoy your visit. Here you will find pieces of my life - quilting, cross-stitch, family, travel, friends.
My name is Peg - I am a 60ish wife, mother, daughter, sister, aunt, cousin, friend - and if we're not already related or friends, hope to become your friend too.
We live in the eastern end of the beautiful Fraser Valley, about 1.5 hours east of Vancouver, BC. Empty nesters, we have one son living just a few minutes away, our other son and daughter live in Alberta.
Comments are always welcome, always read - and answered if need be. Feel free to share, I love hearing from all my cyber-space friends.
Please do check out some of the links in my side-bar - you'll find other bloggers and fabulous people to visit.

Monday, February 21, 2011

Design Wall Monday

Well, it’s back on the wall
008
When I sewed in the strips of the sashing fabric – it looked awful!!!  The sashing just screamed at me!  So out it came – I then tried with the light background fabric – but that just ‘hid’ the individuality of the blocks. 
I did change the 7 Sisters block (in the center) and put a light border on it – looks much better. 
010So the next step is to find a darker fabric and maybe do a ‘rail fence’ sashing like the one on this quilt:012
Cross fingers I can find such.
On Friday, I got itchy fingers (something like restless feet) but wanted to do something different, so I pulled out a Joan’s Own pattern from my stash, and put this together:011
It’s all appliqued, and ready for sandwiching and quilting.
Happy designing!             Blessings, Peg

4 comments:

  1. How disappointing to find that the fabric you had chosen didnt work. I do hope you find what you need.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do like the 7 Sisters much better too. And the barn scene is too cute!!! You've been busy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel you frustration with sashing... been there done that, a few times! 8-)

    Love your applique!! Awesome Peg!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those picture quilts. And yours is awesome.

    ReplyDelete