A Pieceful Life

A Pieceful Life

Welcome

I'm so glad that you stopped by, and hope that you enjoy your visit. Here you will find pieces of my life - quilting, cross-stitch, family, travel, friends.
My name is Peg - I am a 60ish wife, mother, daughter, sister, aunt, cousin, friend - and if we're not already related or friends, hope to become your friend too.
We live in the eastern end of the beautiful Fraser Valley, about 1.5 hours east of Vancouver, BC. Empty nesters, we have one son living just a few minutes away, our other son and daughter live in Alberta.
Comments are always welcome, always read - and answered if need be. Feel free to share, I love hearing from all my cyber-space friends.
Please do check out some of the links in my side-bar - you'll find other bloggers and fabulous people to visit.

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Design Wall Monday–and a little finish

With an overnight trip to visit my parents this past week, quilting time was cut!   But a couple of projects saw progress:
This is my attempt at a Mariner’s Compass – not very happy with it.
001
It’s meant to go with my sampler blocks – will have to see if it will be used or not!
And mug rugs for a swap – will keep the details of the recipient to myself for the time being just in case she’s reading here, but these will go in the mail this week:
002
003
This was my first swap, am so looking forward to receiving my ‘rugs’ and certainly hopeful that these will suit my partner to a ‘t’.
Happy swapping!                Blessings, Peg

6 comments:

  1. compass looks great. love the Cdn maple leaf mugh rug!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your block is awesome Peg, and love your mug-rugs! 8-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the compass! It's really nice. I love the colours and the design. So what's up with these mug rugs lately? They look bigger than a coaster. What's all that extra room for?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great work. I had to withdraw from the PhD challenge. After that shock of the DM this week I am struggling to get used to my meds and don't feel too well. I will make it though. Got my first exercising done today. I know I will handle it. Blessings
    QMM

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great first attempt at the MC! Don't be so hard on yourself. LOL! You might have liked it better if you had set the circle in, instead of applique (or at least that's what the photo says). Your quilt blocks are coming together nicely!
    Kathy
    www.shawkl.com

    ReplyDelete