A Pieceful Life

A Pieceful Life

Welcome

I'm so glad that you stopped by, and hope that you enjoy your visit. Here you will find pieces of my life - quilting, cross-stitch, family, travel, friends.
My name is Peg - I am a 60ish wife, mother, daughter, sister, aunt, cousin, friend - and if we're not already related or friends, hope to become your friend too.
We live in the eastern end of the beautiful Fraser Valley, about 1.5 hours east of Vancouver, BC. Empty nesters, we have one son living just a few minutes away, our other son and daughter live in Alberta.
Comments are always welcome, always read - and answered if need be. Feel free to share, I love hearing from all my cyber-space friends.
Please do check out some of the links in my side-bar - you'll find other bloggers and fabulous people to visit.

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Wednesday’s Words

Is there such a thing as ‘Mid-Winter’.  We all know about Mid-Summer in early August, but what do we call the beginning of February?  The sun has been shining the last couple of days, and we’ve enjoyed the relief from the rain and gloom that is normal at this time of year.  We must be about half-way through winter and Spring must be just around the corner – mustn’t it!?!
A friend brought these beauties round the other day – a sure sign of Spring if I’ve ever seen one!
004

So my words today:             Happy Mid-Winter!
Blessings, Peg

5 comments:

  1. Happy mid-winter to you. Still dull and grey here, although we're having a little warm spell with temperatures above 0. A few of those lovely tulips would brighten things...I think a stop at the Superstore is in order!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so trying to out shine the cloudy days but they are getting on everyone's last nerve. It rained sideways and wind blew all night long but no snow. Something to be thankful for. Staying busy with all my little fun things. Reduced the size of my quilt I am working on. I had bit off more than I could chew (sew).
    QMM

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have survived the first half and let's hope the second half goes by quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like mid-winter as it sounds like the end is in sight although I can't complain we have had it quite mild here. Quite a bit of sun the last few days; a lot of birds and my yellow primulas are blooming. The trees have a lot of buds coming too so spring is definitely around the corner.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes there is a mid-winter. The Old Ways call it Imbolc and it is, like mid-summer, a cross-quarter of the season at hand. Winter is half over and Spring is preparing to unfold the beauty of renewal. The tulips are gorgeous. Definitely a sure sign that Spring is about to spring!

    ReplyDelete