A Pieceful Life

A Pieceful Life

Welcome

I'm so glad that you stopped by, and hope that you enjoy your visit. Here you will find pieces of my life - quilting, cross-stitch, family, travel, friends.
My name is Peg - I am a 60ish wife, mother, daughter, sister, aunt, cousin, friend - and if we're not already related or friends, hope to become your friend too.
We live in the eastern end of the beautiful Fraser Valley, about 1.5 hours east of Vancouver, BC. Empty nesters, we have one son living just a few minutes away, our other son and daughter live in Alberta.
Comments are always welcome, always read - and answered if need be. Feel free to share, I love hearing from all my cyber-space friends.
Please do check out some of the links in my side-bar - you'll find other bloggers and fabulous people to visit.

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Wednesday’s Words

Monika over at My Sweet Prairie does weekly quilting tips, inviting others to join her and add to the topic of the week in the comments section.  Take a look – her tips are great!

This week, the subject is Labels – and she tells us why, and where to apply labels, and what information to put on the label.  In the comments, I added some thoughts on where to get labels – and am following up the topic today with an expansion on my comment.

The labels in Monika’s pictures were very simple – a piece of fabric, printed with the required information.  I’d suggest ironing the fabric onto freezer paper to make it more stable while printing.

If you want something a little more elaborate, there are several options:

1. Purchase a pre-made panel of labels – like one of these:009

010

Simply cut out, print the information, and add to your quilt.

2. There are also pre-made labels, like clothing tags  These don’t have all of the information that typically is found on a quilt label, but can be useful in some situations.

3. Search on-line for label templates, print onto fabric and voila!  These are some that I found a number of years ago at www.victorianaquiltdesigns.com – and I checked today, they’re still there:

012

Next week, I’ll do a tutorial on how to print on fabric, without the cost of buying pre-treated fabric sheets.

Happy labelling!                  Blessings, Peg

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for that information. I didnt know that there were such things as pre printed labels!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be watching for that tutorial. I just checked out son's new recipes a couple of good ones for the men. Salsas, Beer cheese like made in Ky. and stuffed jalapeno peppers. Wow
    QMM

    ReplyDelete