A Pieceful Life

A Pieceful Life

Welcome

I'm so glad that you stopped by, and hope that you enjoy your visit. Here you will find pieces of my life - quilting, cross-stitch, family, travel, friends.
My name is Peg - I am a 60ish wife, mother, daughter, sister, aunt, cousin, friend - and if we're not already related or friends, hope to become your friend too.
We live in the eastern end of the beautiful Fraser Valley, about 1.5 hours east of Vancouver, BC. Empty nesters, we have one son living just a few minutes away, our other son and daughter live in Alberta.
Comments are always welcome, always read - and answered if need be. Feel free to share, I love hearing from all my cyber-space friends.
Please do check out some of the links in my side-bar - you'll find other bloggers and fabulous people to visit.

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Beyond Hope

This afternoon we took a little trip beyond Hope.

Hope is the next town along the highway, and I had an appointment just a little past there.  So Grizz and Sadie (our basset) came along for the ride.  The weather was really quite nice – a little cloudy, but the sun shining through more than not.  The snow on the mountains belied the warmth we were experiencing:24

Gorgeous to look at as we drove along, but so happy to be in the warmth that spring has brought!

We arrived at Camp Squeah, and after my business was done we drove through the grounds

 

The cabins and dorms looked typical of any camp:

28

30

And then we found the teepee in the woods – simply charming!

31

I particularly liked the ‘Stairway to Heaven’ wood sculpture:

On our way home, while stopped at a construction zone, we looked out over beautiful Lake of the Woods – a wonderful fishing/picnic spot – and we promised ourselves an afternoon here sometime over the summer:

32.Lake of the Woods

 

More progress on Pumpkins and Spice – see the link on my side bar for the pictures of this week’s blocks.

Happy promises of summer coming!     Blessings, Peg

6 comments:

  1. That reminded me of a few days spent in a camp near Smithers, in the woods, with a lovely lake. We have spent so many Happy holidays in BC.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is my kind of trip out...lovely place to visit

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely day's outing like this is more than one could hope for (beyond Hope)... tee hee.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There are a lot of neat things to see beyond Hope!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful day - and fabulous photos. We've been up that way and loved the area. A great place to picnic.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I miss those mountains. (Sigh...) And the big trees. (Sigh...)

    ReplyDelete