A Pieceful Life

A Pieceful Life

Welcome

I'm so glad that you stopped by, and hope that you enjoy your visit. Here you will find pieces of my life - quilting, cross-stitch, family, travel, friends.
My name is Peg - I am a 60ish wife, mother, daughter, sister, aunt, cousin, friend - and if we're not already related or friends, hope to become your friend too.
We live in the eastern end of the beautiful Fraser Valley, about 1.5 hours east of Vancouver, BC. Empty nesters, we have one son living just a few minutes away, our other son and daughter live in Alberta.
Comments are always welcome, always read - and answered if need be. Feel free to share, I love hearing from all my cyber-space friends.
Please do check out some of the links in my side-bar - you'll find other bloggers and fabulous people to visit.

Monday, March 7, 2011

Design Wall Monday

My design wall is in layers these days as I work on a number of projects.
All the layers together gives just a glimpse of what is going on in my sewing room.  On the left in the picture below are two of the blocks for the Canadian Quilters BOM – started in January, it’s a year-long project.  The first layer in the center is two of the panels for Pumpkins and Spice (see the blog Cross-Border Quilters on my side bar)
001
Peeling back one layer at a time – the next layer is some of the blocks for my sampler table-topper – trying to decide on sashing and borders.  Anybody have any suggestions?
002
Next is a small table topper – musical instruments.  I fussy-cut a fabric I had on hand – now need to decide on a border – again looking for ideas:
003
Layer # 4 is a ‘story’ quilt that I’m working on – more about that when I’ve made some more decisions around how it will work:
004
Next up – Quilt Barn – a Joan’s Own applique that jut needs the final touches.  I’d actually forgotten about this one, underneath everything else.  Hmmm….maybe a project for this afternoon after we get the dog’s nails cut, make some deliveries, buy some groceries…
005
And last but not least – Row by Row.  This has sat stagnant for over a month now – top half needs quilting, and I’m waiting for the instructions for the borders for the bottom half (they weren’t ready yet the last time I was at the LQS).
006
That’s actually not everything – in the meantime, I’ve made a bag for my sister’s Kobo

It’s ready for mailing now – will get that out today.
Whew – lots to do – and I really need to concentrate on doing some reading if I’m going to be ready for Book Club in 3 weeks.
Happy sewing and designing!   Blessings, Peg

1 comment:

  1. Wow - look at you! I am doing good to work on the Pumpkins and Spice quilt. I do have the fabrics picked out for the pumpkins - and one other block - I figure if I decide on fabrics ahead of time it will give me the incentive to actually work on them when the time comes.

    I love love love the row by row quilt - I've never made one before.

    ReplyDelete