A Pieceful Life

A Pieceful Life

Welcome

I'm so glad that you stopped by, and hope that you enjoy your visit. Here you will find pieces of my life - quilting, cross-stitch, family, travel, friends.
My name is Peg - I am a 60ish wife, mother, daughter, sister, aunt, cousin, friend - and if we're not already related or friends, hope to become your friend too.
We live in the eastern end of the beautiful Fraser Valley, about 1.5 hours east of Vancouver, BC. Empty nesters, we have one son living just a few minutes away, our other son and daughter live in Alberta.
Comments are always welcome, always read - and answered if need be. Feel free to share, I love hearing from all my cyber-space friends.
Please do check out some of the links in my side-bar - you'll find other bloggers and fabulous people to visit.

Monday, March 21, 2011

Design Wall Monday

Well, the Row by Row came off the wall a few days ago – backing and batting cut and ready to sandwich, and then quilt.

So up on the wall now:

007

These are the completed blocks for Pumpkins and Spice (see Cross-Border Quilters on my side-bar), placed on the wall approximately where they will go in the completed quilt.  This is the project that I’m doing ‘together’ with Jo at Peaceful Afternoon.  Each week we ‘chat’ and decide what we’ll do next, posting our progress on our joint blog.

I have made one change – the border on the pumpkin/cat panel bottom right, just didn’t quite work for me after I put it up on the wall, so it’s been changed.  I think I’ll change the border on the sunflower panel as well, just need to find the right fabric!  Standing alone the panel looked just fine, but now that more of the blocks are done, it’s not working for me – and nothing strikes me as being quite right in the group of fabrics I have for this quilt.

Happy spicy quilting!               Blessings, Peg

2 comments:

  1. It is neat to see them all up on the design wall as we are making progress. Happy stitching - and I'd better get mine photographed and on the blog soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see right through you. That's just an excuse to go shopping for more fabric, Peg! LOL (And a darn good one, if I may say.)

    ReplyDelete